cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in from TELUS landline partially working

FrostyButters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I ported in a TELUS landline to my PM account last night. Surprisingly the ported number started working right away (I assumed that it would take a several days). I can call and txt out without issue, and the new number shows up on the other end. TELUS/PM customers that call or txt my newly ported in phone number work correctly, but other providers (Rogers etc) are routing to the landline service that the number was ported from.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

cool_stuff

Just wait few more days and all will be good. It takes sometime for number to be proporated to each service provider's switches..

FrostyButters

Thanks for the info everyone  👍

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@FrostyButters 

Since your landline was with Telus, and PM uses Telus network, might be why Telus customers can call you right away at the ported number. Maybe after a few days, Rogers folks will be able to as well...

@FrostyButters wrote:

Hello,

I ported in a TELUS landline to my PM account last night. Surprisingly the ported number started working right away (I assumed that it would take a several days). I can call and txt out without issue, and the new number shows up on the other end. TELUS/PM customers that call or txt my newly ported in phone number work correctly, but other providers (Rogers etc) are routing to the landline service that the number was ported from.

Any ideas?

That is exactly how porting is supposed to work.  Publlic Mobile assigns the number before it has even been ported over.  When everything is done, your Telus landline will automatically stop working.  At that time, incoming calls and texts from all providers will start being delivered/coming into your Public Mobile phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@FrostyButters 

Your port has not been completed yet.  Some landlines can take several days to port. You should be able to get full service in the next few days (at most), hopefully sooner.  

Need Help? Let's chat.