cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from fongo

Kaotik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , just switchecd to PM and ported my number from fongo. Everything works except incoming calls still go to the fongo app.

Just wondering how to get this resolved.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

how long you requested porting? porting from VoIP takes around 5 business days, but could be a bit longer in some cases.   this is normal 

@gdum 

You may find this thread helpful.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Excessive-porting-time/td-p/702518

Today would be day 8 for the OP of that threadband hopefully he will update us when his port completes and then you should know exactly how long it will take. But for now its at least 8 days.

gdum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there

It seems as this is an old thread but I am having similar issues with porting my number from Fongo. I am past four working days and the number has still not been properly ported. I sometimes can use Public Mobile services, but most of the time not. Calls are hit and miss, quite unsettling at this time. 

I contacted Fongo, and they say is not their fault... Has anyone gone through this recently? What can I do to speed up the process?

Kaotik
Put in a support ticket at fongo website to request customer/account number. They are pretty quick to reply.

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No.  Not that I'm aware of.  How to get this?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Do you have an account number or anything?

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What do you need to present to PM in order to port from Fongo?  I don't have a statement or invoice from Fongo to prove ownership of number......

srlawren

@Kaotik for some reason, texting often seems to work before calls.  Hang in there, it should complete eventually 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kaotik

It is ok if it does not port right away. Right now i can make calls and have fongo running to receive calls. Texting seems to work fine though.

So i will wait and see.

Fongo to wireless usually takes a while.  I would say that it could even take as long as a week.

imm1304

You're welcome.

FYI:  Its just Fongo, landlines and other VoIP lines that take days to port.  Numbers from other Canadian mobile carriers usually port within minutes.  

Kaotik

Thank You for the quick reply.

imm1304

Hi @Kaotik!

Welcome to PM!

Incoming calls will keep going to fongo until port request is complete.  Nothing to be done about it except wait.

This will be the hardest part for you... waiting.  Fongo's website FAQ says that it takes up to 2 weeks to port out a number from them.  PM sends out the port request on your behalf immediately.. the rest is up to Fongo.  Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.