cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Wind Mobile

s3prasad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Experts, 

I ported my number from WIND Mobile this past Friday monring and I can make calls and send/ recieve text messages; however, incoming calls go immediately to my old carrier's voicemail. 

I used my old carrier' PIN to port the number. I attempted to re-port; however, I was prompted to contact Customer Service. 

Can I take any action to address this issue, or do I need a MOD or PM Customer Service to rectify this issue on my behalf?

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

I agree account number is the best way to identify your account.  Some people use IMEI number but in some cases they have bought a different phone and that isn't the IMEI that your old provider has on record.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

s3prasad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cheeseburger @ShawnC13

I think you guys are right. I should have used my account number vs. PIN. 

I suppose I have no choice but to wait for a MOD to address this. 

Thanks for your assistance. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It looks like you will need a mod to complete the port.  If you put in your old SIM can call your number  does it go to voicemail or can you answer it.  You might be best to use your old sim until everything is ported to your PM Sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was able to successfully port from Wind by using just the account number and my name.

Sounds like you're stuck mid-port or Wind has rejected your port request.

You'll need to contact a Mod and wait it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.