cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Telus

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Anyone know if there are any issues if you port in one number but are leaving the second number active with Telus? Hoping it isn't all or nothing?

Reason for leaving one number active with Telus would be to keep bundle discount on home services.

5 REPLIES 5

Triton72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Other line will stay active. I went as far as porting an ideticall from bell and it worked and main line stayed active will bell.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@canucks4life that's correct.  You can sign up for the PM account with whatever name you like, but the name on the porting request form has to match what Telus has on record as the account holder there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

canucks4life

Just a follow-up on this my friend should use Telus account holder name NOT subscriber name for authorized user on port-in correct?

Vanterax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported two numbers from Telus 2 days ago.  Both were on a shared 4GB plan.  They ported within seconds with no issues.  Got a "sorry to see you go" email from Telus within seconds of initiating the porting.

hummuschips

It shouldn't be a problem. Were the Telus phones on a sharing plan or were they just separate lines on one account?  The account will stay active with the line that you didn't port.

Need Help? Let's chat.