cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Rogers with active tab

Tocibs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm porting from Rogers but have an active tab with them.  what are the steps I need to take?  Do I need to pay my tab in full first before porting or will Rogers automatically bill me once this port is successful?

5 REPLIES 5

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Tocibs just make sure monthly fee is not past due and then no issue to port. They will send you the final bill including tab penalty

Bender
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched from Rogers (still...switching...lol 🙂 check your messages @Mary_M). I called Rogers and payed off the tab. I'll say it was pretty painless and Rogers didn't even ask if I wanted to upgrade to a new phone or why I was paying off the tab.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Tocibs;

As long as your account with Rogers is in good standing, you should be able to port out and will just be billed for the remainder.

I switched from Rogers.  I called and found out the balance of my tab to make sure it was worth buying out and of course it was.  I ported my number and contacted them AFTER they told me I would get my final bill in the next billing cycle with the payout of my Phone on it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I assume you are on post-paid.  They will send you a final bill when the port is completed that includes the tab.

Need Help? Let's chat.