cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Chatr

EstherBi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

I ported my Chatr to PM this afternoon around 6PM. Now i have two phone with old sim and new sim separately.

new sim: can make outgoing call, shows LTE, can get text message from PM but unable to get incoming call.

All imcoming calll still send to my Chatr sim.

It has been more than 3 hours and how long i need to wait?

11 REPLIES 11

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thats great, @EstherBi!  

Wishing you a smooth experience moving forward.

EstherBi
Hi everyone!

Quick update, I sent message to MarieHelene_L late night and she replied me this afternoon which is less than 24 hours. And after sent her another email with account number required, my PM can get incoming call and old sim is no service any more!

Thanks MarieHelene_L helping out and solve my problem before my Chatr payment day which is tomorrow!!

So far, I tested the call and date, very happy with the quality.

Thank you
Cheers!!

imm1304

Hi @EstherBi!

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Sorry to hear that your port request is stuck.  As suggested by @SD08, sending a private message to the mods with the relevant info needed to resubmit the port request is the next step.  I wish you a quick resolution but keep in mind that there may be a delay as the mods are responding to the messages in the order they are received.  

Do let us know by posting here how it goes if you like.  

imm1304

@SD08 wrote:

To the oracles: This is a duplicate topic with this other thread:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Porting-from-Chatr/m-p/167480/highlight/f...

Since the moderators are busy, could an oracle merge the threads please?  Thanks!

Threads merged. 

Cheers

EstherBi

Sure, we can cancel this one

SD08

Please don't create multiple threads for the same topic. That just creates more work for the moderators and/or oracles.

To the oracles: This is a duplicate topic with this other thread:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Porting-from-Chatr/m-p/167480/highlight/f...

Since the moderators are busy, could an oracle merge the threads please?  Thanks!

SD08

@Danoishan wrote:
I switched from freedom to public mobile yesterday morning and I still have no service. So from my experience so far, it'll be at least 48 hours or more

To clarify:  A port that completes without problems usually takes only 2-3 hours.  A stuck port requires moderator assistance.  Unfortunately, moderators are still dealing with a backlog of help requests from the Freedom-targeted promo, so a response from them can take as long as 2 days. 

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I switched from freedom to public mobile yesterday morning and I still have no service. So from my experience so far, it'll be at least 48 hours or more

SD08

Porting can take 2-3 hours to complete. During that time, you'll be able to make calls, but not receive them.  If it takes much longer than that, you have a stuck port. In that case, you should send a private message to any moderator listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include PM SIM card number, e-mail address, the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

EstherBi

And one more: i can login to PM account, my payment is done.

EstherBi

Hi Everyone,

I ported my Chatr to PM this afternoon around 6PM. Now i have two phone with old sim and new sim separately.

new sim: can make outgoing call, shows LTE, can get text message from PM but unable to get incoming call.

All imcoming calll still send to my Chatr sim.

It has been more than 3 hours and how long i need to wait?

Need Help? Let's chat.