cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting and Activation Success!

benj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I realize that if everyone did this, it would flood the forums, but I wanted to make this post just so that prospective customers don't see the many porting-trouble threads and assume that it's not working for everyone.

I placed my SIM order just after midnight on Sunday night, got shipping confirmation on Tuesday, and the SIM arrived this (Thursday) morning. Went to the site, punched in my details, and chose to immediately port my number (I was with Zoomer which is basically Cityfone) as opposed to requesting a new number and then porting afterward as I've seen some people suggest. 

31 minutes later, porting is complete and everything is great!

To anyone thinking about getting this great deal, just know that the majority of people aren't having problems. It's unfortunate that some people are running into porting issues, but the mods here seem great at resolving issues, and so I would encourage you all to come to the greener side of phone plans!

8 REPLIES 8

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MikeT wrote:

That  great to hear but I've been waiting two days for my number to port from Fido.and my private message to Mary_M remains unread. I'm not interested in hearing how it's not normally like this and it's busy because of the promotion. blah, blah, blah. Can someone get this fixed for me today? Thanks.

Hi Mike!

I looked but didn't see a thread dedicated to your issue. I understand you've sent a private message, but as has been seen around the forums the last few days, there have been issues with those as well. I would recommend you start thread so the mods can be tagged.

riversday

@themisfit You definitely will. I waited 2.5 days to get my porting issue sorted out.

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MikeT I agree with you. It's been 36 hours and I haven't ever heard from a mod or had my PM read. I'm trying to be patient, but I think this is less than acceptable customer service. I hope that I can get this sorted out soon.

MikeT

People having issues with the lack of customer service have no interest in threads discussing how great the service is. We need to see more threads discussing the piss poor service at the moment and warn people who sign up that this is the current reality and they may have issues that PM is not able to rectify in a timely and acceptable timeframe.

xinhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are lucky! I have been waiting for my one of the moderators to get back to me for over 48 hours. Still not response! This is horrible.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you're looking for a lot of success stories, just go to RedFlagDeals forums.  There is a thread there with over 381 pages and a lot of positive ports!  Of course you will still see people with problems pop up in that thread but a lot of the people are reporting success with no issues.  It goes to show you that just because this forum is full of people with problems, doesn't reflect that everyone is having problems.  It's also a good thread to read up for anyone having issues with their phone or to ask for any phone setup help as well.

I ported my number from Koodo myself on Sunday morning with zero issues.

bigracefan18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had no problem with Rogers.  I called that night and made sure that they didn't see my phone on their system.  I was assured that it had been ported over.  

MikeT

That  great to hear but I've been waiting two days for my number to port from Fido.and my private message to Mary_M remains unread. I'm not interested in hearing how it's not normally like this and it's busy because of the promotion. blah, blah, blah. Can someone get this fixed for me today? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.