cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Number after the fact

Jrat59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys! 

So been testing the PM network out... been working two phones keeping my rogers account still active. 

Looking to figure out how to port my number over now. Well not right now this minute, but within the next few days. If there is a step by step or if someone can help out that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance PM fam!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Jrat59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks @Luddite your do nots list is great. Haven't ported yet. DefInitely doing it in the next day or two. Will give you many salutations when I do and it works!

PM ftw!

@Luddite wrote:

My personal "Do nots” for port-in

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Rogers account number; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Roger's bill

- do not use the your Roger's number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Roger's number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

Good luck. If the port-in has not finished within 3 hours create a New Message under the topic Getting Started.

This is a great list and will do this with the second line I am doing today.  Not sure if there is such a thing as a sticky to keep posts out and easy to find but this should be one such post!

Thanks for the tips

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

do not make any mistake on any step while you are activiating the sim card. any one mistake can cause you longer time to port in. remember always to read carefully step by step what ask you to do , if you follow step by step, it won't take you long to activate sim card and port your number. 

My personal "Do nots” for port-in

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Rogers account number; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Roger's bill

- do not use the your Roger's number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Roger's number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

Good luck. If the port-in has not finished within 3 hours create a New Message under the topic Getting Started.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to my account and on the right hand side about halfway down it says change number.

Cheers,

PM FAM!!

Need Help? Let's chat.