cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Successful, but No Data

elle-so
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ported from Rogers to PM. Calling and texting seem to work, but it says I am not subscribed to a cellular data service. I have an iPhone 6 and have already changed the APN to sp.mb.com. How can I fix this?

13 REPLIES 13

elle-so

Just an update, I looked around the community, and found out going on to http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ on my phone and following the instructions on screen works! After following the instructions, I went to Settings > General > Profile 

it looks like this: 

14924041_10157697974770076_616093794_o.jpg

whitefinger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a lot of data and MMS issues as well. I fixed it by doing the APN settings a bit differently from the standard directions. Normally PM instructs you to leave APN Type blank, but I changed mine to default,dun,fota,mms

elle-so

Thank you! I will try tagging them and private messaging them. 

@Mary_M help please!

JK

I've pulled the most important information from the link I posted above:

- Removed since I did not want to tag all the moderators multiple times on the thread..

JK

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

In the link above, you can get more information on who the moderators are and how the whole system works.

In summary, I think it does not matter which moderator you tag. As long as you private message or tag one of them, all of them will receive notifications. There seems to be 4 moderators in total.

Hope this helps.

elle-so

Thank you for the help. I have tried everything mentioned above, and it is still not working. Who are the moderators I can message about this issue?

JK

I am quite new to PM as well, but you can find the exact steps that I followed to set up my mobile data:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Make sure other parameters are also set up as indicated in the link.

Here's the Apple guide: Data not working

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Liquid5n0w

Definitely sounds like an APN issue.  Make sure you only have one APN in the list and that it is correct as per the support page.

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

interesting. Thats odd. maybe just try a quick phone re-boot. Im using an iphone 7 and my roommate and iphone 6 and neither of us have issues.

elle-so

I have changed the APN back to isp.mb.com. Also, I got the port was complete text message already, but my data doesn't seem to be working still. In my account overview, it says I have 12GB of data, and the status is active. 

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

dont change the apn put it back to isp.mb.com. The apn u changed is the personal hotspot apn which is not supposed to be sb. But everything will work for you when you get the text message saying the port was complete. Until then dont worry about it just wait it out.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Login to your self-serve and verify that you have data on your plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.