cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Question - Home-Cell?

zzguffy901
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community,

I am guessing the answer is no, but I figured I would ask anyways. 

Can you port a home phone number over into a cell number with PM? My mother in-law is looking to hook up with PM and this is what she wants to do. I searched the board but did not find anything

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

zzguffy901
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone, I will make sure to do the temp number first.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@zzguffy901 yes it is possible to port a landline to a cell phone

As mentioned above it is a much tougher process (make sure you give ALL account info and you have name + address match)

It takes 48 hours (2 business days) if all is done properly

So use a temporary number in the meantime then do number change to port in

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As @dohadotahmed mentioned, it is possible.  Definitely get a temporary number as a first step.  When I ported from Bell to a wirless home phone solution many years ago, the porting was not the smoothest because Bell likes to interfere with the automated process so that they can hassle you with a sales pitch to stay with them.  The two step process allows you to at least establish a service with a temporary number while Bell plays their games.  I guess I am making a bold guess that the home phone is with Bell.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Correct, it should take up to a week or so for the landline to port over.

Refer to this post here. There are also further porting instructions in that post. If you suspect anything going wrong during the porting process, feel free to reach out through this forum again!

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes you can port your home phone number to public mobile. Try to get a new number first during the activation. If everything works properly then do the port from self serve
1.Click change number
2.select wireless or wired number
Done....but I believe it will take a little more time to complete the port for a landline number.
Need Help? Let's chat.