cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Problems

SuperKnight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to PM, i joined for the $40 for GB promo.  I have a real hard time joining PM.  I must have tried 10 times to tried to set up my account with porting number.  When I almost give up, I find someone on the community had the idea of first joining with a new number then change it afterwards.  I did just that, but I still cannot change (porting) my number.  The system always respond with:

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

With that, i tried to email support, with 5 days no respond.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @SuperKnight

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having problems with your port. I just sent you a private message!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Sorry to hear that... have you tried account number only?  (I'm sure you already have)

I think that the porting form should change depending on what carrier you're porting from. Some need more information than others, and others less info is better. For my port, all I did was authorized name and account number, and the alternate phone number (which doesn't matter), and it worked. This was Telus to PM.

SuperKnight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have done that many times as other people suggested in the forum but nope, always the same message came back.  I have tried, new browser, checkbox FIRST, typing in CAPITAL letters, with or without IMEI, but still no.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@SuperKnight not too sure what's causing issues for porting your number now, but what you did, setting up a temporary number first, and then porting later, is a good idea.

There was a work-around for your issue in that you click the "I am authorized..." checkbox FIRST before filling in anything else, and it should help your port to go through. Maybe you want to try that? Sometimes the form can be finicky, so hopefully this will fix the error.

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mods are backed up due to the recent promotion.

Rest assured you will be helped it will just take some time to clear the backlog:

For activation and porting failures:

• It is clear to us we will not be able to help everyone between now and the closure of this promotion on Sunday. We will not be extending this promotion but we will honour the promotion for anyone who had activation or porting failures during the promotion period (October 25-November 20).

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#U1050...

Need Help? Let's chat.