cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Out Question

Mikey_dinh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys so I got a new job and they're offering me a phone plan and I wanted to keep my public mobile plan (grandfathered 4gb for 40 a month). So most of my clients have this phone number. What I wanted to do was port this number out to another carrier and use that one for work. Then I wanted to keep my public mobile plan with a different number. Is this at all possible? Also if I planned on going on vacation and didn't use public mobile for more than 4 months and left the account would I lose my plan?

7 REPLIES 7

voucherking

GRET*** learn how to spell 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@voucherking i hate feeding trolls but since you continue to spam thread after thread with your now imfamous line....  why are you still here if the OFFER is NOT GREAT?  Should you not be leaving for some wonderful GREAT OFFER at another provider and forgetting you even know of PM's existence?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

voucherking

hyperbobelee???? whatever you stay with your not GRET OFFER

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hyperbole much, @voucherking ?

voucherking

ok. Sorry for rant. PM is not Gret offers no more. Public mobile should be BANNED from EARTH !!!! sorry again for rant 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's a better idea to get a new phone number for work and keep your existing number for PM.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Mikey_dinh Sorry, it's not possible to port out your number and keep the plan. Once you port out, your account automatically gets deactivated. 

If you go on vacation, your plan will go into expired/suspended status. You will have 90 days to renew your plan. Otherwise, you will loose your number and account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.