cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number to Fido

alyssab24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently just got a new phone from Fido and I would like to port my number from Public Mobile over to Fido. What steps do I take in order to do that? Thanks for the help in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

farhadi_tahere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

Unfortuantely my public account is not active. It was active till yesterday. I don't want to pay a whole bill just to port my number! Is there anything I can do?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@alyssab24 wrote:

I have recently just got a new phone from Fido and I would like to port my number from Public Mobile over to Fido. What steps do I take in order to do that? Thanks for the help in advance!

@alyssab24 - please note that if you have any "Available Funds" you have in you Public Mobile will be lost and is not refundable once you port out.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@alyssab24 

Sorry to see you go.

If you would like to never port again your favorite number you could also consider porting it to Fongo. 

You can forward it for free to any Canadian number and receive u calls on any cell number that you correctly have.

With their app your can still receive sms messages.

You can call Canada for free

You can use it abroad as well with local data or wifi.

I paid once $25 and don't have to pay a cent for it again

They don't receive short code but I use cell number for that anyways

@alyssab24 sorry to see you go, but we wish you well 👋

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alyssab24 wrote:

Yup porting is all on the receiving side. It would be suggested to remove any payment card registered here. That's it.

Edit: ah crap. that's what I get for scanning the thread rather than reading it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@alyssab24 wrote:

So you already have the account with FIDO?  I would remove your credit card info you have set up autopay.  Get your account number from here take it to FIDO and ask them to port your number.  Remember your Public Mobile account has to be active to port out to FIDO

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@alyssab24 wrote:

@alyssab24 remember also  to keep your public account active in order to port your number to fido 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@alyssab24 wrote:

Contact fido to port your number. Your account will be closed at PM automatically once your number is ported. Log into self service to get your account number. Ensure your PM account is  active when porting to Fido.

Need Help? Let's chat.