cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issues (Technical Glitch Discussion)

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Just something I am curious in, would love to hear some feedback from any members who had a port issue during activation process.

Most of the informal polls online appear like majority of new activations came from 2 sources.

1- Wind (usually due to service issues)

2- Koodo (usually due to fear of audit issues)

It is #2 I am most interested in. There are LOTS of people on the red and blue message boards who said main reason they left Koodo for Public was fear of being audited. And there are also numerous unconfirmed reports about the loophole being closed after Nov 11.

Is there some sort of glitch here that effected port ins?

Think about it this way

Client activated an out of province number at Koodo

Then took that number back across to Public (we all know Koodo to Public acts have been rough in the past, is the K48 plan bug making the port even worse?)

2 REPLIES 2

@Luddite I'm trying to be a bit coy here but from the blue board there seems like alot of people porting Koodo to Public are having alot of issues.

People on specific out of province plans wink wink nudge nudge.

It dawned on me that because they had used the loophole, their MDN/MSID would result in a mismatch (Bell used to have to access this through the RMS but most people only used NMI since no training whatsoever)

So I'm kind of alluding whether Telus has some sort of glitch related to this... We knew they knew what people were doing but noone was ever clear whether it was because they wanted it or they couldn't easily police it

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Koodo and PM systems seem to be intertwined somehow:

- using same email address for Koodo and PM prevents port-in

- Koodo prepaid port-ins require closing the Koodo account before the port-in, BUT, this must be done by the PM techs and not the customer

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.