cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting From Rogers Share Everything Plan

sharmacy86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Evening,

A question to those who have ported from a Rogers Share anything plan.

Basically, my parents are both on the same Share anything plan. How would porting in this scenario work if the account # is the same?

If I port one of my parents' number will it then deactivate the account and not let me port the other number. From what I understand, once I port the number, PM will automatically cancel the account from the previous carrier.

Anyone have insight into this?

5 REPLIES 5

Porting doesn't cancel an account unless there is only one phone line on it.  If there is more than one phone number attached to the account, the rest of the numbers that are not ported out continue as normal.  The only thing that I can see complicating thigns would be if the main phone number that has the "master" plan attached to is ported out. I am not sure if Rogers would automatically assign that plan to one of the other numbers or if they would contact the account holder and ask for instructions about changing the plans for the remaining phone lines.  Either way, Rogers can't/is not supposed to just close an account if there are still phone numbers assigned to it.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Basically, my parents are both on the same Share anything plan. How would porting in this scenario work if the account # is the same?

====>> Porting out from Rogers works per line, each line has a phone number in Rogers, so during porting into PM just give the phone number and only that particular phone number will ported to PM and cancelled in Rogers

If I port one of my parents' number will it then deactivate the account and not let me port the other number. From what I understand, once I port the number, PM will automatically cancel the account from the previous carrier.

====>> Note only the line that you ported out will be cancelled on Rogers not the whole Account

Hope this helps

No porblem hope it all goes well.  I know I am enjoying saving the $30 a month and we had a low ened 2.5gb to share now we both have 12gb over 90 days!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sharmacy86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perfect. Thanks bro.

I'll try it out once the SIM cards come in.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sharmacy86  I ported from a share everything plan.  I had no issues, I ported my number first as it was listed a secondary number just because I got a better discount with the BYOD and a day later I  ported my wifes over and she did not lose service once mine was ported out.  They were the same account number but it only cancels the number from that account not the whole account.  PM is different each account is only one number.  Yes and once all numbers are out of the share everything plan it then closes your account and you will get a final bill from Rogers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.