cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Expired number

fozefy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, My partner is switching to a plan with another provider. We had ordered the new phone & sim 2 weeks ago, but due to pandemic it was delayed in shipping and we won't receive it until tomorrow.

Unfortunately her plan expired today. Will still be able to port the number over when it arrives this week?

7 REPLIES 7

Joewillier
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How do you know if it is ported ?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Joewillier  Porting means transferring your number from one company to another.

Joewillier
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it's Koodo or Telus you can just go ahead

For any other providers please activate the account with the cheapest plan and then you can port

fozefy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok thank you, that's what I figured. A bit annoying, but at least she had some loyalty credit left in her account so it was only $6.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fozefy wrote:

Hello, My partner is switching to a plan with another provider. We had ordered the new phone & sim 2 weeks ago, but due to pandemic it was delayed in shipping and we won't receive it until tomorrow.

Unfortunately her plan expired today. Will still be able to port the number over when it arrives this week?

Nope...your PM account must stay active until port out is successful.

Re-up to cheapest PM plan.

@fozefy wrote:

Sorry, but no. Unless the Public Mobile nuumber is being port out to either Telus or Koodo, a phone number from a suspended account cannot be ported out.

Need Help? Let's chat.