cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Assistance & Question

In4Lb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm trying to port over a Rogers # but already have an active PM phone #. I went through the self-serve porting process but was shown an error msg & advised that PM is having difficulties and to contacPM for assistance (this is what I was hoping to avoid given how painful of a process it has been for many new custormers). Question is: Am I not able to use the self-serve porting form to port over a Rogers # if I already have a PM #? Do I necessarily need to contact one of the Mods for assistance to complete the port?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

In4Lb
Received a message from Community Team asking if the problem was solved so just to provide an update: Yes, I managed to fix the problem myself; took too long for a moderator to respond. I initially entered the Rogers a/c# in the format used by Rogers, with "-"s. Don't do that, just enter the string of #s w/o any other characters. I thought the PM system would warn me if the format was unacceptable, but it didn't and just told me I needed PM staff assistance. It would've been useful if the PM system would've provided error details to save everyone's time & cause less frustration. Thanks.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@In4Lb Ah, shoot. I had the same problem when I first started and that was the fix for me and a lot of people; sucks that it's not the case for you. And don't worry, my port went by quick and easy. I can't imagine how it is for people like you waiting for a while, so I understand your frustarated. Hopefully a mod can pick up on this soon.

In4Lb

@d_mcbay Yes, of course, that's pretty obvious and I have already tried it to no avail. Edit: thought you meant just to check the box, which I did, but I see you meant same as @UDP7. Don't mean to be rude just frustrated.

@UDP7 Thanks, but no luck either. Smiley Mad

Stubbled upon a mod name here, maybe I'll try to tag him: @Jeremy_M

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@In4Lb If you refresh the page, tick the I am autorized to transfer this phone number box first before filling anything out. For some reason this has fixed that problem.

d_mcbay

Try ticking the box that says "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" before you do anything on the page. That should make it work! 

In4Lb

@neilselden

Yes, affirmative to your 3 conditions. But apparently PM won't allow me to port in. At times it also gives the following error message: "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" - And yes, of course I am authorized to transfer it; in good standing, and still active #. Frustrating!!!

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@In4Lb,

Yes, you will be able to port in your Rogers #.  Provided:

1. You are the account owner
  2. Your Rogers account is in good standing
  3. Your Rogers account has not been cancelled or flagged for cancellation

Since you got tripped up on some kind of error, you definitely should contact the moderators via private message.

You should follow the suggestions here when you send a private message to the moderators.

Hope this helps,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.