cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported phone number. Still can't receive incoming MMS/SMS since 3 days ago.

aden25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No offense to the people behind Public Mobile, but they still haven't figured out why my ported WIND number can't receive incoming messages. I tried changing messaging apps, manually entering the APN setting, and restarting and taking off the SIM card every time a moderator sends a PM telling me they changed the backend. Nothing is working. Can I get some second opinions here? Everything else works, including sending messages but I simply can't receive messages from other numbers. I have tested this on multiple different phones. No errors on their part, either. 

I own a Google Nexus 5X running a beta version of Android 7.1.1, FYI. 

20 REPLIES 20

aden25

I have had communication with one mod. She doesn't post in the weekend. She doesn't tell me anything beyond asking if my texts work at that moment. 

Maybe I should talk to another mod.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any resolutions here?

baluyot
My porting issue is now going on 9 days. I've been working with one if the mods but all im getting "... wait x hrs or x days". So frustrating!

Rockdaddy22
So obviously a failed port, you need to respond to the mod explaining your problem. They need to help the port go through somehow.

Rockdaddy22
Ok I'll read through it, sorry

aden25
You're on the thread right now

Rockdaddy22
What's the actual problem, have you started your own thread or anything

aden25

It's been almost 2 weeks and I still haven't gotten any solutions on what's wrong. This hasn't worked out for me at all. Customer service is completely unfeasible if it's just a dozen forum moderators. I've only had sparse communication with one moderator and she's hasn't told me anything beyond trying to restart and see if it works.

I might just switch back to Wind if I don't see a solution to my incoming text problem soon.

aden25

@Ryo Haven't gotten a reply back since Friday. 

njcarroll17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem, switched to PM Nov. 4th. Cancelled my Bell service after I "ported" my number, hopefully they can figure it out. Haven't heard anything from PM yet.

Ryo

@aden25 This is also happening to me. Did you manage to resolve the issue? If so could share what happened?

aden25

Ok. I PM'd a mod about this. I guess I'll trust them to settle this with WIND.

Rockdaddy22
Do not cancel Wind manually, you may lose your number. I would keep working with the PM staff to figure it out. Sounds like a failed port me, considering Wind is still getting the messages from your ported number.

Taco

I would try to port it again first.  If that doesn't work then I would call Wind and ask them what is going on.  Can you still send messages from your Wind sim card?

aden25

No, it's the right number. I already had it ported a few days ago. The problem is that I can send and receive calls and send messages on my Public Mobile card but my WIND card is the one receiving messages. If I call WIND to deactivate my SIM card, will I lose my number? I technically already got it ported to Public Mobile.

Taco

Not sure if this will work or not but you can try this:

Login into your PM account and then click on Plan and Add-ons.  It should display your phone number.  Check to see if it is the same as your Wind number.  If it is different then for some reason it didn't port your number and close your Wind account.  Either way, you can try to port your number again by clicking Change Phone Number.

Edit* do not manually deactivate your account or you will lose your existing phone number.

aden25

So I just figured out what's wrong. All the messages go to my old WIND sim card still. All the messages since porting my phone came all at once as soon as I switched SIM cards. Does this mean I need to deactivate my WIND account somehow?

aden25

I'm not sure. I'll check right now.

Taco

Does your wind sim card still work?

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aden25,

I am really sorry to hear your problem.  

@Shazia_K@aden25 can really use your help here - could you please look into his issue?  It's been 3 days.

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.