cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported my Old phone number, now can’t receive calls

Melissacorey66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for public mobile yesterday. I decided to try and switch to my old phone number from Rogers which said was successful. I am now not able to receive incoming calls.. only texts and outgoing. Someone please help, this is frustrating as a new customer. 

7 REPLIES 7

Rowbot

When I successfully ported my number with Public Mobile I received a text message letting me know it was ported. You won't be able to receive calls until then.

@Melissacorey66 wrote:

I signed up for public mobile yesterday. I decided to try and switch to my old phone number from Rogers which said was successful. I am now not able to receive incoming calls.. only texts and outgoing. Someone please help, this is frustrating as a new customer. 

This amount of wait time transfering from another wirleess carrier is not normal.  It should have neen done within 2.5 hours.  That on-website successful message does not mean that your number has been transfered.  It only means that Public Mobile has assigned that phone number to your account. 

Incoming calls will only work after the number has been transferred from Rogers.  As others have stated, for now, keep using your Rogers service.

I would gather your Rogers account number and contact Public Mobile's moderators to get them submit another transfer request/correct the current transfer request.  That can be done through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Melissacorey66

Ok thank you! 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Melissacorey66 Was your Rogers number still active when you ported it? It needs to be active to move it.

If it was active then you probably have a stuck port and will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Melissacorey66 Was your Rogers number still active when your ported it? It needs to be active to move.

It sounds like an incomplete port, you will need to contact the moderators. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It could take a few hours for the port to be completed, try to restart your phone.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Melissacorey66 wrote:

@Melissacorey66: Porting is not immediate. What you are experiencing is normal. A port takes from 2 hours to 2 days to complete depending on when Rogers releases the number. Just be patient, in the meantime you can use your old SIM card to make/receive calls and once the phone stops working it means that the port completed and just start using your PM card at that point.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.