cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from Freedom - Can't make/receive calls 4 days later still not fixed!

pennyparis4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I ported my plan from Freedom on friday last week, and everything seemed to have gone well, but I noticed that I cannot make or recieve any calls. When someone calls me, it goes directly to voicemail and when I call them, it goes to their voicemail! Data and text are working fine. Could a mod please look into this as it's frustrating that it's been almost a week and this hasn't fully ported over it seems and I need calling on my phone!

22 REPLIES 22

@Liquorbarn34 wrote:

Hi I just switched from Freedom.

I got this message

invalid sim card

network locked SIM card inserted

what do I do?

Do I have to wait a bit till they port?

Your phone is locked to Freedom Mobile.  The porting will still go through fine but you'll first have to unlock your phone first to get it to work with Public Mobile, assuming that's it's compatible with Public Mobile.  Freedom/Wind has sold some phones that aren't.

QTPie
You might need to change the data network APN. There are instructions on this site that's very easy to find!

pennyparis4

So LTE does not work now on my Samsung Galaxy S6. How can I get LTE working?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @Liquorbarn34.... your phone is still locked to a carrier.

Where did you buy the phone from? If from FM - you can contact them and for a fee they will unlock your phone.

If not, there are other unlocking services available online depending on the phone that you have.

So, in short - need to get your phone unlocked Smiley Happy

ammi0002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is your phone unlocked and compatible with PM?

Usuallly the network locked sim msg appears when the phone is locked to a different carrier than the sim's carrier

If it's unlocked, then try to remove battery (if possible) and cycle through the phone. Good Luck.

Liquorbarn34

Hi I just switched from Freedom.

I got this message

invalid sim card

network locked SIM card inserted

what do I do?

Do I have to wait a bit till they port?

pennyparis4
Okay so I have gone into the phone settings and changed the band to automatic and now calls work. Let's see if I get lte tomorrow though!

pennyparis4
Hi,

I have tried this (multiple times) and still no luck. It's getting quite frustrating now as I still don't have access to calling... And I feel I'm paying for features I can't use. Please look into this further as the issue is not fixed. I tried it on a different phone too and it still didn't work.

Sjsj101

How are they responding and solving posts from just 2 hours ago I don't even know how to make my own post sorry I have to keep going on other post where I see the moderator responding

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It is always best however to start your own thread. What is your issue incomplete port or wrong plan applied. If the second you could try my suggestion a couple posts up.

mimmo
Taking about 48 hours. At the moment

Sjsj101

How long does it usually take I've posted tagged sent messages thank you for your response

mimmo
As long as you have sent them a direct message with your details they will get to you.

Sjsj101

How do i get a hold of moderators i see them posting and replyong having inboxrs tagged no response 😣

mimmo
For those with a plan error and need calling right away you can try addond funds to account to make account balance 120 then try a immidiate plan change to the plan you wete supposed to get.

That should work to get service going.

As mentioned in a previous post this is a personal opinion and something i would try. In either case mods will need to adjust accounts. If someone does try this it would be good to know the result. Ie does it work or not as it could be a solution for others.

baseer100

@Shazia_KCan you look at my account as I cant make calls, text or use data. I signed up for the $40/month plan for Freedom Mobile Customers and even got charged $120 plus tax yet my plan says Pick and Pay $10 plan. Please change it for me so that I can have the plan I originally signed up for for Freedom Mobile customers.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @pennyparis4

Thank you for reaching out to us, 

After looking through your account, I see that everything is currently active on our end. 

Can you please make sure to remove the Freedom Mobile SIM card from your phone and power cycle your phone while the Public Mobile SIM card is inserted? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pennyparis4 I don't see a MOD tagged here so I will tag one, or you can PM them directly.

@Shazia_K - would you be able to help out please?

pennyparis4

This happens if you used Chrome. I had to switch to Firefox to get the plan to work. Didn't you check the summary screen before paying?

baseer100

I have almost the exact same problem. I ported from Freedom Mobile and once the port was complete I couldn't call, text or use data. After going online I see that my account has a Pick & Pay plan which is $10 and has no features. I did not sign up for it as I signed up exactly the way the promo was to be done by selecting Unlimited Provice Calling, Unlimited Global Text and 6GB data (additional 6GB data to be added later) for 90 days for only $120/90 days. Now I am without service and feel I should have never switched from Freedom Mobile.

pennyparis4

Thanks, do you know which moderator to DM?

KShatila

Welcome to the club, I ported my number to PM yesterday morning and for the past 24hrs I don't have any calling, texting nor data active. send the moderators DM and wait for them to get back to you... hopefully soon. Goodluck.

Need Help? Let's chat.