cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port

drewber83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys. So just opened a new line and ported my number from Fonus Mobile. I'm able to get and send texts and they show as being from my ported number as well as being able to call people and it shows my ported number. But when someone calls me it still rings through on Fonus as I get my old voicemail. Is this just part of the process or did the port partially fail? 

11 REPLIES 11

siddijal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is your issue fixed, I am planning to port from fonus. Any idea how much time it took for you to port? 

@drewber83  just to let you know, porting from landline could take as many as 3 to 7 business days.  But yes, call them on Tue for an update. 

drewber83

So in the end I called them and the reason is Fonus shows as Iristel which is a landline carrier in their system so it can take 2 business days to complete. If it's not fully ported by end of day Tuesday I'll call them back but all looks to be on track. Thanks everyone! 

Did try request port during activation process.  There is a number you could call to confirm the porting status.  I will private message you

drewber83

Yes it's a Canadian number it's area code 506 from new Brunswick I ported to them back in April from Eastlink. I filled out the form for a stuck port so I will wait and see what happens 

@drewber83 wrote:

I did but never got a text to confirm I wanted to do the port. They're a USA carrier that operates through roaming in Canada but its a virtual number so not sure if it's able to receive those types of texts or not. 

do you have a Canadian phone number from Fonus?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drewber83 : If it's not a Canadian area code/prefix then you can't port it in. Somebody will be by with the web page to check to see if it's a compatible number.

Check number here

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@drewber83 

To re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Check your private message mailbox for a number you can call to help with porting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@drewber83  

Part of the port process is to reply a text from your previous provider.  Did you do that?

If you hvae done that, just reboot your phone every 30 mins and it will be done eventually

drewber83

I did but never got a text to confirm I wanted to do the port. They're a USA carrier that operates through roaming in Canada but its a virtual number so not sure if it's able to receive those types of texts or not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drewber83 : If Fonus uses a SIM for service then did you leave it in the phone to confirm the transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.