cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port to koodo

Tstorms03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to port my pm number to my new koodo account but lost my SIM card  

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tstorms03 : Oh come on. This is all Telus. They should be able to figure it out. Heck, they _want_ you to go up the food chain.

@Tstorms03 call them back and tell them you already asked for help  here  🙂

you have 2 ways to do 

1. Proper way.. for sure work, get a SIM car for around $10 (better get it in store as it is quicker). Open a ticket with MOD and have them do the SIM swap for you.  then go back to Koodo and start the porting process

2. Could also be done with mercy from Koodo as Koodo and PM are both under one big happy family of Telus.  Tell them what happened and see if they can port your number onto Koodo without the SMS, without replying Yes.  This is not the proper way but they might be able to do it as an exception.  If they can't, then you have to go back to do what I suggested above.

Tstorms03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m not sure if I talked to port team but I did speak to koodo and they suggest I ask here. I will talk to them again though 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Tstorms03  is your current account Active?

the proper way is to get a SIM  to setup back on PM first so you can receive the SMS from PM to confirm you are leaving.

Since you are just going to Koodo, maybe you could do so without buying the PM SIM? I think you should open a Koodo ticket and  discuss this with Koodo porting team directly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tstorms03 : Porting things are more up to the recipient provider to handle. In this case, it's all under the Telus umbrella so they should be able to figure it out without you doing anything else here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to get a new PM sim card then contact a moderator to change it on your account.  After you have your sim changed then contact Koodo to initiate the port.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.