cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port to another carrier

Puffdiego
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello I just ported my number to Fido and wanted to get a new number on my public mobile account to give to my mother when she is visiting, but now I cannot even access the online service and I had 22$ in credits , how can I resolve this ? 

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Puffdiego  Unfortunately by porting out that triggered the closing of your existing account and the loss of all your credits.

For your mom you will need to activate a new account. Do you will need to purchase a new sim and use a new email address.

I don't think that you will be able to recover any of your credits but you can try.

@kselmak wrote:

I didn't know if you can revert port ave have your amount reinstated. If the money came from rewards you can user it up but if it was coming from that payments you can move it to your other account

@kselmak  No I don't believe OP will be able revert back the port and have any credits re-instated, but there's an outside chance that moderators will offer some partial credit as a gesture of goodwill if OP opens a new account for his mother and if the credits sitting there were not rewards.  Although I think that is unlikely to happen but it doesn't hurt to ask just in case.

I didn't know if you can revert port ave have your amount reinstated. If the money came from rewards you can user it up but if it was coming from that payments you can move it to your other account

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Puffdiego wrote:

hello I just ported my number to Fido and wanted to get a new number on my public mobile account to give to my mother when she is visiting, but now I cannot even access the online service and I had 22$ in credits , how can I resolve this ? 

@Puffdiego  Sorry, once you ported out your number you effectively de-activated your account and you can't get it back.  You will need a new PM SIM to activate a new account for your mother.

Edit:  What kind of credits did you have on account?  Were they rewards or money you had loaded into the account?  If the latter perhaps try submitting a ticket to moderators and see if they are willing to offer something for a new account.  Of course, they are not obligated to do anything as PM is prepaid, but they possible might offer something if you plan on opening a new account for your mother.  Here is a link to contact moderators: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry once tiki port out you louse your account,  credits, referrals and everything else you have. Part of the deal with the prepaid accounts

You should have opened smoother account ave talk to moderators too move your credit there

Need Help? Let's chat.