cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out

Robynkennedy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have requested my number be ported out to Bell. My account was active when the request was made. Bell is saying I need to speak with someone from public mobile to release my number. Can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11

Since this original post in September, now that it is December new procedures are in place. You should have received a text message from PM to your PM phone once Shaw requests the number be moved from PM to Shaw. The text asks you to confirm that you have requested this and someone isn't SIM jacking you. If your PM account had terminated or you didn't have the PM SIM in your phone still, you missed that text message and need to start over.

AE_Collector

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bevina You'll need to speak to your new carrier. The new carrier does everything and is responsible for getting it done.

Bevina

Were you able to port out your number? We’re having the same issue for myself and spouse but we’re trying to port out to Shaw Mobile

@Helpershelper wrote:

@Robynkennedy 

I can understand your frustrations with this. To port a number over to PM, you need to have an unlocked phone and a valid number. If you choose to go in store, you just need to bring your phone and your Bell account number. The PM store clerk will do all the work for you, provided the phone’s unlocked. You don’t have to speak to Bell unless it’s to unlock the phone.

I think the OP wants to port away from PM...not to PM.

Helpershelper

@Robynkennedy 

I can understand your frustrations with this. To port a number over to PM, you need to have an unlocked phone and a valid number. If you choose to go in store, you just need to bring your phone and your Bell account number. The PM store clerk will do all the work for you, provided the phone’s unlocked. You don’t have to speak to Bell unless it’s to unlock the phone.

Active when request is made isn’t enough, it has to be active when the port out request gets to PM/Telus. Porting out isn’t going to work if a buffer isn’t allowed for when timing the move.

AE_Collector

@Robynkennedy  Your account must be active in order to port out. If it's not, then you can reactivate it on the cheapest $15 plan verify your account info that you sent to Bell and also submit a ticket to PM asking to remove any lock on your account because you would like to port out.

mm80

If account is closed after port out request, porting to Bell is done.  You need to talk to them. It's new carrier'a responsibulty to handle everything.

Robynkennedy

How will I get my public mobile account number now that it is closed?

mm80

@Robynkennedy Bell is supposed to do the work. Public has no port out protection.  Get your Public Mobile account number and contact Bell. If Public account's no longer active, you have to renew the plan first.

Need Help? Let's chat.