cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out from Public Mobile to Bell

kltt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Day,

My company has given me a corporate cell phone with a Bell #, since I don't need my Public Mobile phone or number anymore, I would like to know what I need to do to port my Public Mobile # to Bell.

Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

@froger22 wrote:

thank you that makes sense pm sucks

Hi @froger22   , no, using Text to authenticate number porting is a CRTC requirement to avoid SIM Fraud.  It is in fact a good thing

Saying that, you might want to open a ticket with PM support to see if there is anything they can do for you

click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

froger22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i can log into pm. i have another phone with active sim card in it.

froger22

thank you that makes sense pm sucks

HI @froger22 

Was your question what if your phone is lost , you cannot receive text and how do you port out your number?

You will actually need to buy a new PM SIM, login to My Account, Change SIM card.  Once SIM card is changed, then you can request porting from your new provider and receive the text on PM to approve the porting

Anonymous
Not applicable

@froger22 : What about it? If your service is active then someone could use your services and possibly do nefarious things to your service. Which is why I asked if you already had another phone and if you already had another SIM. Then you could do a couple things to have your phone service back. If you don't yet is why I asked if you can log in to your self-serve account.

froger22

what if my pm phone is lost

Anonymous
Not applicable

@froger22 : Can you log in to your self-serve account? Do you have another phone? Did you get another SIM?

froger22

my phone is lost so i cant receive a text

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kltt wrote:

Good Day,

My company has given me a corporate cell phone with a Bell #, since I don't need my Public Mobile phone or number anymore, I would like to know what I need to do to port my Public Mobile # to Bell.

Thanks 

All you need to give Bell is your 

1. PM account number

2. your cell number

Bell will send you a text to your PM to confirm.. just reply yes.. and it should be done shortly

@kltt  

Look at my updates to my last post. And keep in mind, also, your company will have access to all your call details. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@kltt 

If you don't care about your number you can just remove payment info and forget about it.

If you do want to keep your old number you will contact bell about it if your bell account is already created.

Another option that i always advertise to all family and friends is porting the number to fongo having it forever and never every having to port it anywhere else again. $25 one time cost, unlimited calls to Canada,  unlimited forwarding to any Canadian number, still can receive sms...

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@kltt wrote:

Good Day,

Thanks

Just a warning......does your company allow personal usage? Not now...but maybe later?  If no, do you have to pay back for personal use? Inappropriate use of phone or any use of a company phone may be used against you. It happens. A lot of police and fire workers always carry 2 phones. And just what if you suddenly quit or are terminated....you will lose your number. 

Keep your number on a $15 plan and work the referrals?

Forward your PM calls to Bell phone?

Will your phone administrator do the port for you and contact BELL? Do you really want to tell your company you will be or want to be taking personal calls while on the clock?

@kltt 

kltt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the replies.  My number is active, I will keep it so until the port is done.  Yes I am also sad to leave but I am getting my bill paid.  I still have my wife's line on Public Mobile.

Thanks All..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kltt wrote:

Good Day,

Thanks 

There's some confusing language in this. Is your company giving you a number to use? Or are they wanting you to use your own number?

If they're giving you all new everything then you don't need anything from here. You can just stop paying and the account will eventually disappear.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kltt  sorry to see you go.

Public mobile account has to be active and in good standing to port out.

Porting Your Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

The SMS text will read as follows:

Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact us at ****. Thank you.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this Link    and type in “port help”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to contact Bell.

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Transfer_cell_phone_number_to_Bell

You need to keep your PM account active during the porting process.

Need Help? Let's chat.