cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my number

ericindia19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I purchased my Public Mobile SIM card in-store. The dealer made an attempt for porting and I received a text for the same. However, I do not want to port it right now. Will I be able to port it later on my own. What is the procedure for it?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

@Samona wrote:

Sorry it is 08/23 that is my expiry date

Hi @Samona I think your original post got lost.  Please give us more information so the community may help you better.

RosieR

Samona
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry it is 08/23 that is my expiry date

@mdesswein wrote:

I did not do this coorespondence, I was absent from Public Mobile from November 20, 2020 until February 28, 2021, please see ticket number 168xxx-xxx. HOW do we go about getting this (rectified and) refunded. I have already taken this to the police and the Identity Theft group. I appreciate your help, as all of this has been very disturbing for me. Did my old number 3xx-xxx-xxxx get ported?

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

@mdesswein 

More details are needed.  Did you port your Public mobile to another company?  When?  Were you charged the last 3 months? Or was your PM account suspended (no payment) for more than 90 days?  

It looks like that you submitted ticket for moderator help.  It will take at least a few hours for moderator to respond.  Check the envelope icon on upper right corner of website.  

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mdesswein "Did my old number 3xx-xxx-xxxx get ported?"

Possibly. Try logging into your account. If you still have access then it has not been ported out, and  you can Suspend service, change the account password, then change the current SIM to a new one. The moderators can apparently reactivate your current SIM but a new one is sometimes the quicker way to get your phone working. 
You should continue corresponding with them via private messaging. 

mdesswein

I did not do this coorespondence, I was absent from Public Mobile from November 20, 2020 until February 28, 2021, please see ticket number 168xxx-xxx. HOW do we go about getting this (rectified and) refunded. I have already taken this to the police and the Identity Theft group. I appreciate your help, as all of this has been very disturbing for me. Did my old number 3xx-xxx-xxxx get ported?

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

@kb_mv wrote:

@michellino_18 wrote:

I'd like to transfer my Telus number to my public mobile

@michellino_18 Keep using your Telus sim until it stops working. You also need it to receive the SMS authorizing the port. Contact a PM moderator as shown below.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

While the Community account is first, the next step does ask the customer for self serve account login information.

@michellino_18 wrote:

@michellino_18 Keep using your Telus sim until it stops working. You also need it to receive the SMS authorizing the port. Contact a PM moderator as shown below.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

Edit: As pointed out by @computergeek541 .....

7. Provide log in info for Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

michellino_18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ericindia19

So I ignored the confirmation message for porting from Fido [came at 5 PM yesterday]. I later got the message from PM that they haven't got the response for the same [Around 6:30 P.M]. In the same message, they said they'd like to reinitiate the process. Around 11:30 P.M, pressed 1 to re-initiate, and the same confirmation message came across from Fido. I sent "YES". Boom!! number got ported in about 10-15 minutes. Thank you for your answer! Much appreciated.

ericindia19

Actually did reply to the text and got my number ported.

Thank you.

ericindia19

Thanks a lot!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ericindia19 , you asked:

Will I be able to port it later on my own.

Yes.

What is the procedure for it?  (If old service NOT TELUS or Koodo)

1. Keep account with old provider active & don't throw away the SIM card
  2. Get old service Account Number and place SIM card from old provider into phone
  3. Log onto self-serve, Public Mobile - Account Log In
  4. Click on Change Number, on self-serve landing page

HALIMACS_0-1613090145031.png

4. Select option to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider

5. Wait for an SMS text to validate the transfer from old provider.  (they may not do this)

6. Place Public Mobile SIM back into phone after port is complete.  

What is the procedure for it?  (If old service IS TELUS or Koodo)

1. Reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your old number to Public Mobile

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@ericindia19 

So is the port initiated?

If you don't confirm the sms the port will fail

It is all fine except you will not be able to receive any texts or calls on your new sim. You will still be able to call out and send texts, data should work.

If you are planning to wait a bit longer and still want to full functionality of your new sim you should login to your selfserve (you will need to register it first and for that you need to receive sms, so i suggest find the phone for the other sim and see where it comes to)

Once in selfserve you can click on'change my number' (mid right area) and pick a temporary number. Once you decide to transfer contact moderators

Is you can't receive sms to register please contact moderators and ask for assistance. You can send them private message (envelope top right corner here) addressed to Moderator_Team

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello

If you keep your account open with the Old Provider you can port at any moment. The port process will be carried by the Moderators. You can reach them via Private Messages.

Public Mobile Team

@Anonymous wrote:

@ericindia19 : Ignore the text. Don't answer any confirmation. All will remain as is.

If your number is not from Telus or Koodo then you can do it yourself in the Change Number function. If it is then you need to contact the moderators (what they call the customer service reps here).

Here is the HDI on porting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Number/m-p/652414

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ericindia19 wrote:

Hi,

I purchased my Public Mobile SIM card in-store. The dealer made an attempt for porting and I received a text for the same. However, I do not want to port it right now. Will I be able to port it later on my own. What is the procedure for it?

Thanks.

@ericindia19 hi yes you can contact a moderator to help with that keep in mind that you need to keep that account active 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ericindia19 : Ignore the text. Don't answer any confirmation. Edit: All will remain as is.

kselmak below is much better. If your number is not from Telus or Koodo then you can do it yourself in the Change Number function. If it is then you need to contact the moderators (what they call the customer service reps here).

Need Help? Let's chat.