cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Rogers Issue

TML2016
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello. (this is a separate issue from my other post)

I ported a number over on a different activation (helping my in-laws) and it says the port was successful. I can text and receive texts from it (on my phone) the phone but I cannot phone it.

Can somebody please help with this?

8 REPLIES 8

ryan101b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello TML, @TML2016

How did you resolve the issue?

I ported from Rogers and am happy to be with Public Mobile. In the past 2 weeks, I can receive calls from landlines and Bell customers. Rogers mobile customers continue to be UNable to call my number, yet texts and iMessage come through fine. An automated message says this call is not possible.

My phone is unlocked. I have taken the sim and placed it in another unlocked phone that works well. Same receiver issue. 

The moderators tell me the port occurred correctly. So far the info I have suggests the previous carrier is unable to call this ported number.  Has anyone in the community heard of this experience?   

Thanks,

Ry

TML2016

Now fixed.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TML2016, For the worst case scenario, you can install the fongo app on their phone.  It gives a new number and free calling using wifi or data connection.  It will keep them reachable if the number hasn't ported and there is a delay in getting help.  

imm1304

Have you restarted the phone yet?

If not, give it a try and test.  It sounds like your port is done.

However, if problem persists then you must send a message to get help.

Since mods are swamped with help requests, you may have faster response via webmail.

Just click through "Contact Us" links on this page and fill out whatever info you can:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

TML2016

@imm1304

Been a couple hours now... will check again in the morning.. left their house a bit ago.

TML2016

Okay thank you.

They need these phones so hopefully it wont take days like some other people.....

imm1304

@TML2016, how long has it been since you ported this number?

It usually takes around half hour before the port request is complete.  At that point, you will be able to call the ported number and it will ring on the new public mobile line.  This can sometimes take couple of hours too.  

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

PM just issued an update explaining recent happinings... it's difficult , but hang in there:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

you would have to contact 1 of the moderators via private message to resolve this as it is account related..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.