cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port a pre-paid number from Telus

yvinogradov
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Planning to transfer my pre-paid phone from Telus, and keep the existing number. How hard is porting the number in this case? Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did choose a temp # and tested Public Mobile coverage before porting Telus prepaid # thru online self service. I think you need account # and PIN for  Telus prepaid account.

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you! Should I do that before I buy a PM SIM card or after? Send a message to the moderators that is?

To transfer a phone number to Public Mobile, you need a Public Mobile plan.  You will need a sim card first.

yvinogradov

Thank you!

@farmbot wrote:

I ported my Telus prepaid # thru the online feature. Keep the Telus account active before porting. My Alberta # transfered in less than 1 hour.  Public Mobile signal strength is the same as Telus. So coverage is equally good.

Enjoy the savings.

Thanks for confirming. I thought Telus prepaid also requires mods help. If you were able to do it, then it is probably possible. @yvinogradov You can either try to port in from your account or message the mod. But still choose a new temporary number first so you at least have a working phone while porting completes. 

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you! Should I do that before I buy a PM SIM card or after? Send a message to the moderators that is?

After you buy a sim card and activate an account using a new temporary number. 

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ported my Telus prepaid # thru the online feature. Keep the Telus account active before porting. My Alberta # transfered in less than 1 hour.  Public Mobile signal strength is the same as Telus. So coverage is equally good.

Enjoy the savings.

yvinogradov

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@yvinogradov Porting a number is pretty simple as you can do it directly from your self-serve account. However, since you are porting in from Telus prepaid account, it is better to go through a moderator as it is a bit complicated process for the system compare to post paid number. So send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get in touch with you shortly.

@yvinogradov wrote:

Planning to transfer my pre-paid phone from Telus, and keep the existing number. How hard is porting the number in this case? Thank you!

It would pretty much be the same as porting from any other wireless carrier/brand.  Have your Telus account number handy for when you request the number porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.