cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port a number to change existing number

Wilhelm_Fink
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did a search of the Community Forums, but couldn't locate a post/topic that was specific to my needs.

I currently have two mobile accounts... one with Telus and the other with Public Mobile. I intend to cancel my Telus account, leaving my Public Mobile number as the only one I have active. However, I would like to replace my Public Mobile phone number with my current Telus number. When I navigate to "Change Number" on Public Mobile's Self-Serve Menu, it provides the option to "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider" as a means to change my current number. So thankfully, it appears as if this can be done. My question is... if I use this method to change my current Public Mobile number, will it affect my Public Mobile billing cycle? Can I do this in the middle of a billing cycle, without having it reset to the date when I changed my number?

Is there any other issues that could potentially arise from changing my number by porting my Telus number?

Any and all information offered is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Bonjour Claude2,

Merci de nous avoir contactés. 

Je suis navré du fait que vous ne soyez pas capables d’utiliser le service téléphonique et je vous assurer que je serai là pour vous aider à propos de ce problème.

Afin de pouvoir travailler sur votre compte et de traiter votre demande, veuillez nous envoyer un message privé. 

Cordialement,

Abdoulaye

Claude2

Je ne comprends pas votre système,j’aimerais parler ou texter avec un représentant de publicmobile, sans succès?je ne suis plus capable d’utiliser mon cell?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Wilhelm_Fink,

Thank you for your update and glad to see that you ported successfully your number to us.

Have a Wonderful Day !

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Wilhelm_Fink

Thank you for the assistance @closng! Your reply was appreciated and accurate. I ported my Telus number to Public Mobile a few days ago, and everything went well... and like you mentioned, my billing cycle was not affected by the number change. Thanks again!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wilhelm_Fink wrote:

I did a search of the Community Forums, but couldn't locate a post/topic that was specific to my needs.

I currently have two mobile accounts... one with Telus and the other with Public Mobile. I intend to cancel my Telus account, leaving my Public Mobile number as the only one I have active. However, I would like to replace my Public Mobile phone number with my current Telus number. When I navigate to "Change Number" on Public Mobile's Self-Serve Menu, it provides the option to "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider" as a means to change my current number. So thankfully, it appears as if this can be done. My question is... if I use this method to change my current Public Mobile number, will it affect my Public Mobile billing cycle? Can I do this in the middle of a billing cycle, without having it reset to the date when I changed my number?

Is there any other issues that could potentially arise from changing my number by porting my Telus number?

Any and all information offered is appreciated.

Hi @Wilhelm_Fink,

You can do the number switch at any point in time of  your cycle, it will not impact anything related to your billing period at all. To do the port, make sure you have the required information from your current Telus account (i.e. account number, pin).

Just note that once your number is ported from Telus, your Telus account will be cancelled/closed automatically and they will send you a final bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.