cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Request

mccreae
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from an Iphone 5 to an Iphone SE yesterday afternoon.  I requested to get my phone number switched to Public Mobile.  As of this morning, I'm still getting calls on my IPhone 5 and am getting some messages on my new phone, but others on the old.  Some of my messages are going through my email address and not my phone #.  Any advise??

8 REPLIES 8

mccreae

I went into settings on my old iPhone 5 and turned off iMessage and FaceTime. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mccreae What did you have to do to get it working ?

mccreae

I followed instructions and it seems to work now.  Thanks so much for your help.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also go into settings on your iPhone 5 and turn off iMessage and FaceTime.

[Likely delayed port-in as well that resolved o'night ...... Luddite]

BearFBI

@mccreae Did you setup the email forwarding on the iPhone itself ? 

I found this on the web about an iPhone email forwarding setting.

"For iPhone:

To get all your incoming texts sent to your email inbox, go to Settings>Messages>Recieve At and then choose Add An Email at the bottom. Enter the address you'd like texts to be forwarded to, and voila! You're done."

I'm guessing this is setup on your old iPhone with the old SIM. I would disable email forwarding on both iPhones for now untill you get your number ported over to Public Mobile successfully.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  • For services that uses email-to-text, they do not automatically carry over. You should change, either
    • provider to "TELUS" (most websites don't have "public mobile" as an option), or
    • address to "<your number>@msg.telus.com"
  • If you meant iMessages, then simply delete the iCloud account on your old phone.
  • Before submitting the ticket, you should consider if you have paid your bills or any other possible issue at the old provider.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mccreae wrote:

I switched from an Iphone 5 to an Iphone SE yesterday afternoon.  I requested to get my phone number switched to Public Mobile.  As of this morning, I'm still getting calls on my IPhone 5 and am getting some messages on my new phone, but others on the old.  Some of my messages are going through my email address and not my phone #.  Any advise??

@mccreae  So you have two phones? The iPhone 5 with your previous provider and the iPhone SE with Public Mobile? During activation you setup the number to be ported from your old provider to the new provider?

If you are still receiving calls on the old sim then the port is stuck You need to submit a ticket to PM and include all the porting details again:

1. Account Number with previous provider
  2. Name on the account
  3. Phone number that is being ported.

To complete your port-in request, click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator and provide the info from above.

BearFBI

@mccreae Did you have anything setup with your old provider for email forwarding ? I wouldn't understand why texts are going to your email. 

Ports take 2-3 hours to complete. During this time period calls will be mixed up between your old provider SIM and Public Mobile. Your saying you ported in the morning so I suggest you contact a moderator about a stuck port. Click on the ? At the bottom right of the page to talk to SIMON. Say you have a stuck port and he will help you to submit a ticket to the Moderator team.

Make sure you check your private messages by clicking on the mail icon on the top right corner on the community webpage for a reply from the moderators.

You can also try rebooting your phone with the Public SIM to see if that works. 

Need Help? Let's chat.