cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Protection

narjispanjwani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

I wanna get port protection on my number. Who can i contact for this?

34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@gblackma 90% sure that port protection plan is on hold for now, and we're back to the simply warning.

Who am I to correct the exultant Oracle from on high 🙂 but that IS the negative option port text. Pathetically useless as it is. It's very unfortunate they got rid of the final positive confirmation text.

@gblackma 90% sure that port protection plan is on hold for now, and we're back to the simply warning.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@narjispanjwani this is PMs port protection 

Port Fraud Protection

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows: Hey, it’s Public Mobile. We received a request to cancel your account and transfer your phone number to another carrier. If you requested the transfer, no action is required. If you did not make this request, please immediately open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “unauthorized port”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team. Free msg.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@narjispanjwani There is no one to contact to enable "port protection". PM did for a brief period require you to answer a text message to allow a port out but I believe that has fallen by the wayside at least temporarily. For now you will get a text warning that a request has been made to port out your number and to contact them if you did NOT initiate this. Not much protection at all! You can protect yourself by having a different email address than your username here and a solid password to prevent people from getting into your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.