cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Out Number But Still Keep Plan?

sidhu326
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting another line with a different carrier for my small business. I would like to port my number from public to the new carrier to use as my business line. I would still like to keep my public mobile plan but just get a new number (I want to keep it because I have rewards on this account). Is this possible? When I port out my number from the public will it cancel my current plan? 

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic Moderators have been instructed as a matter of conpany policy not to assist with this. There is currentlly no way to port a number out but keep the plan.

@sidhu326  Doesn't hurt to ask.😉 Let us know what happens.

@geopublic wrote:

@sidhu326  Best to check with the Moderator Team to see if anything could be done. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

Moderators have been instructed as a matter of company policy not to assist with this. There is currentlly no way to port a number out but keep the plan.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sidhu326  Best to check with the Moderator Team to see if anything could be done. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you need more data, you can always upgrade your plan, but it’s 1 phone number per SIM, and when you port to your new carrier, you will lose your benefits with PM. You could set up a separate business line with PM so you can deduct it’s expenses for tax purposes while getting double the rewards from auto pay and referrals.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sidhu326 wrote:

I am getting another line with a different carrier for my small business. I would like to port my number from public to the new carrier to use as my business line. I would still like to keep my public mobile plan but just get a new number (I want to keep it because I have rewards on this account). Is this possible? When I port out my number from the public will it cancel my current plan? 

@sidhu326   Unfortunately you won't be able to keep your PM account once you've ported out your number your account is deactivated.  Sorry.

Edit:  You could take a new number instead with the other carrier to keep your PM account and number if you want though.

Need Help? Let's chat.