cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Hmck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could someone reset my network settings. I’m getting a lot of failed calls and calls going directly to my voicemail. Whereby, I have to turn the phone off and on. Also cutting out a lot when I’m on important calls to drs and because of covid I have no choice but to communicate by phone to drs. My service has always been decent out here and now for some reason it’s horrible. If it doesn’t improve I’ll have to find a better service

10 REPLIES 10

@Hmck 

• try enabling and disabling airplane mode 
  • login to your self serve and enable/disable "lost/stolen mode" 

if you would like to network reset your phone, please provide the make and model of the device. thanks

@Hmck 

In your own phone settings, you could do a network reset your self. Procedure is different between android versus iPhone.  

Otherwise you could contact moderator to do a reset on their end. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hmck wrote:

I’m paying for a service that should work properly. 

Restart your phone and let PM SIM card to configure your phone again.

If this failed, your account may not be provision correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  You added $1 will stay in your account as avaialble fund for next renewal.

If adding $1 does not work, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Call issues"
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

Hmck

Sorry, my wife’s phone was doing the same thing

Hmck

I’m paying for a service that should work properly. 

Hmck

My mines phone was doing the same thing. One of the other moderators reset the network setting for her

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Hmck 

Fongo will give you free Canada calling nice visual like voicemail with an option to forward a copy to your email

TextNow will give you free Canadian and USA calling and free picture messaging

Totally free and very helpful especially if you live under metal roof or basement apartment.

I have my unavailable or missed calls forward to fongo.

Both perform very well in decent WiFi or data connection

If your LTE signal is better than 3g signal they both are great option

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hmck wrote:

Could someone reset my network settings. I’m getting a lot of failed calls and calls going directly to my voicemail. Whereby, I have to turn the phone off and on. Also cutting out a lot when I’m on important calls to drs and because of covid I have no choice but to communicate by phone to drs. My service has always been decent out here and now for some reason it’s horrible. If it doesn’t improve I’ll have to find a better service

If you have wifi...try getting the free voip app TextNow. You'll get a Cdn number to use and you can send / receive calls and texts anywhere in N America....for Free. Works great as long as you have a wifi signal.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Hmck  try switching your sim into another phone to see if is a phone or PM problem.  Stay safe. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can you test it with different phone?

Did you drop your phone recently?

Did you do some upgrades recently?

Just the fact that restarting phone helps makes me think it may be the equipment, actually software

Need Help? Let's chat.