cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me.

Faisal2c
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently my account is not active with public mobile. If I want to transfer my phone number from public mobile to Virgin my line suppose to be active. I don't want to pay for the next month service to public mobile just to transfer my own phone number to Virgin. 

So please simplify my request and do it. Because you guys are really hard to deal with. this is my second issue with you since I moved my number under your service. 

I don't like to deal with your chat robot or write here in community website. when my line was suspended last time it was your sales man fault and I had to deal with you here and it took me long days to fix it and reply to me, is not reliable for me. Thank you.    

66 REPLIES 66

@Faisal2c  This thread is like deja vu. Didn't you go through this same issue a few days ago? Is this the same or a different number from your other thread?

@Faisal2c 

Your public mobile line must be active at the time of request

Your virgin internet should be working even if your calls aren't coming through, you should be able to dial out.

I suggest use TextNow to receive calls while you a waiting. 

If your public mobile account is active, your public mobile sim should be working at well and you should be able to receive the calls on it. If that is the case, just forward all your calls to TextNow number and while the transfer is still in process public mobile will be forwarding your calls to TextNow that is active on the phone with your virgin service.

Sorry to see you leave

Good luck

Faisal2c

My line is active since last Saturday

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faisal2c 

Similar to your earlier thread...the account needs to be active from the sending side. No provider does inactive number transfers.

Up to 4 hours

Off it's taking more, something is wrong and you should contact virgin porting department.

Your account had to be active at the point of original request. If not it will fail. You would have to activate your account and try again (after they tell you it's ok to do that)

Faisal2c

Hi, 

I did request Virgin to port my number to their service last Saturday, till now nothing happened. I have already sent two messages to moderate_team here in this forum one hour ago and no answer till now. 

Virgin said they got an error when they tried to port my number and they keep telling me your line not active in the system. 

I'm an Uber driver and I can't work without having my internet active on the go. its been two days now. I don't know what to do! 

Okay, I just stumbled on the other half of this puzzle.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Please-Help-me/td-p/555993

Any chance a moderator could look and decide if these should be merged together to make life easier trying to follow what went on?

AE_Collector

I am tryying to read between the lines to figure why you had to pay $17 ($15 plus tax presumably), went to a competitor and want your money back from PM? My best guess is your PM account had expired preventing you from porting your number out? If so and they will refund you the $17 that is very good of PM in this situation.

AE_Collector

@Faisal2c I agree, they need to find a better way to communicate with customers... especially in those crucial scenarios

@Faisal2c wrote:

Thank you. There is only one reason that I don't like Public Mobile. there is no customer support through another channels except this forum. 

There are some urgent situations in our daily life that we need to call for a support. 

I have experienced that 3 times for the last 6 months. 

Today I decided to move to another service.  

@Faisal2c   You don't have to come to the community forum for help, you can just contact moderators via SIMon or private message first and usually the response is within an hour or two, unless there is a major glitch which is taking up of a lot time for moderators. 

Having said that, the community forum can sometimes help resolve customers issues more quickly than waiting for a moderator to respond, as long as the issue doesn't require account access.

Edit: just read the rest of the thread and it looks like you won't be needing the community or moderators assistance anymore, so good luck with your new service. 😊

Faisal2c

Thank you. There is only one reason that I don't like Public Mobile. there is no customer support through another channels except this forum. 

There are some urgent situations in our daily life that we need to call for a support. 

I have experienced that 3 times for the last 6 months. 

Today I decided to move to another service.  

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good for you. Sorry to see you go @Faisal2c . Don't forget to claim your Virgin perks.

@Faisal2c  All the best. I agree with you although Public offers great value for your money it's not a good fit for all, especially for those that require a customer support number.

Good Luck with Virgin and watch out for overages.

Faisal2c

Thank you. I like the community for tips, promotions and sharing thoughts about upcoming services etc, but for support is not a great idea for me. 

@Faisal2c Great that they could solve it for you. Sorry to see you go, buy hope you will enjoy your other provider that suits all your needs!😉

Faisal2c

I just did that. Thank you

Faisal2c

isn't online support, is a forum support.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Faisal2c 

wow excellent! Glad they were able to help you.

Faisal2c

I got a message from public mobile and they will return the amount to my credit card within 30 days. Thank you

harshad

As much as the Community understands where you are coming from, your existing service needs to be active for you to port over. This is not a rule PM has whipped up but something that applies across service providers. Please look up CRTC website for more information on this. Since you have made a decision to move, the best option is, as suggested by folks above, to recharge with $15, reactivate the account and make a request to Virgin/the provider you are going to. Since time is of essence, this would be the fastest way to port out the number. 

Lorca

@buang99 

lol might have to agree with you

buang99

You can use it when you get back. PM find ways to get their customer back.

@Faisal2c wrote:

Other service provider have a phone number to call for a support and they are available 24H. 

Well this service is different.  There is no call center, just online support.  

@Faisal2c , this service is prepaid and has no refunds.  Sorry.  

Faisal2c

I just had to pay $17 to active my account with public mobile. and I just transferred my number to Virgin, Can I have my money back to my credit card?  

Faisal2c

Other service provider have a phone number to call for a support and they are available 24H. 

@Faisal2c wrote:

To be honest I found out public mobile is cheaper by $10 to $15 per month and isn't 4G. 

once you have a problem or signal issue you need to login here and write here. 

can you do that when you in emergency? 

can you call them from another phone if your line have a trouble or no signal?

can you even have an immediate response?

for example 6 months ago it took them 5 days to fix my issue. right now it has been since 10AM started when Virgin mobile told me your line is not active, look at the time now!

I have been typing and typing from my PC because its hard to login here and type from your phone is not reliable!

I figure out that I don't mind to pay extra $10 to $15 per month for another service provider to get an immediate response. the minimum wage in Canada is $14 per hour and I have to login in and type and explain my issues to a moderate then to another moderate for hours. 

Do your math for the hours I just lost, you will find out that is not worth to pay for a 3G service $10 or $15 less per month while loosing hours from your time to type and wait for result. Thank you & I hope public mobile community understand my point. 

@Faisal2c good luck I hope you find a service more suited to your needs stay safe!

Faisal2c

To be honest I found out public mobile is cheaper by $10 to $15 per month and isn't 4G. 

once you have a problem or signal issue you need to login here and write here. 

can you do that when you in emergency? 

can you call them from another phone if your line have a trouble or no signal?

can you even have an immediate response?

for example 6 months ago it took them 5 days to fix my issue. right now it has been since 10AM started when Virgin mobile told me your line is not active, look at the time now!

I have been typing and typing from my PC because its hard to login here and type from your phone is not reliable!

I figure out that I don't mind to pay extra $10 to $15 per month for another service provider to get an immediate response. the minimum wage in Canada is $14 per hour and I have to login in and type and explain my issues to a moderate then to another moderate for hours. 

Do your math for the hours I just lost, you will find out that is not worth to pay for a 3G service $10 or $15 less per month while loosing hours from your time to type and wait for result. Thank you & I hope public mobile community understand my point. 

@Faisal2c wrote:

for line termination or signal issues we suppose to have immediate response. Imagine your self outside traveling between cities and your public mobile signal is gone because a mistake by a sales man. to fix that you need to write in forum and wait for the right person to fix it! and here I'm

IF you have these issues what provider can give you an immediate response?  I don't think there is one that could.  

As for your original question as the others have stated that you will need to have an active line to port out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.