cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me.

Faisal2c
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently my account is not active with public mobile. If I want to transfer my phone number from public mobile to Virgin my line suppose to be active. I don't want to pay for the next month service to public mobile just to transfer my own phone number to Virgin. 

So please simplify my request and do it. Because you guys are really hard to deal with. this is my second issue with you since I moved my number under your service. 

I don't like to deal with your chat robot or write here in community website. when my line was suspended last time it was your sales man fault and I had to deal with you here and it took me long days to fix it and reply to me, is not reliable for me. Thank you.    

66 REPLIES 66

@Faisal2c Moderators do not reply in real-time and don't promise to reply within one hour. Sorry, but you're going to have to wait until they get to your message.

Faisal2c

I did't receive a reply for almost one hour. 

I don't know how many moderate are online through this forum. 

@Faisal2c 

What do you mean by no moderator was online until about an hour ago?  There has probaby been moderatora logged in all day and night. The recently logged in only informs you of some of the people who are currently here.

(threads merged)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faisal2c wrote:

first of all

-$40/mo for 4.5GB under 3G speed is not fair. 

-No customer support number in case if your phone stolen or has no signal, emergency etc. 

-Using this forum from your phone is not practical. 

-Some times I got wrong information and direction from the members of this forum and to be honest the moderate team fixes everything and they always give me the right information & direction but they take time. 

overall, this is my impression. 

What do you mean "fair"?

You can suspend your service yourself in the self-serve. As I said in your thread a couple days ago, this is a hands-on, self-serve kinda place. It's understandable that that doesn't work for everyone.

No signal generally means you're out of range or have a hardware problem. Some iPhones are notorious for antenna problems.

I agree with the somewhat difficult nature of typing in questions and answers on a small device and touch keyboard.

We have seen incorrect and conflicting information from moderators too.

Faisal2c

first of all

-$40/mo for 4.5GB under 3G speed is not fair. 

-No customer support number in case if your phone stolen or has no signal, emergency etc. 

-Using this forum from your phone is not practical. 

-Some times I got wrong information and direction from the members of this forum and to be honest the moderate team fixes everything and they always give me the right information & direction but they take time. 

overall, this is my impression. 

@Faisal2c 

It's first cube first serve

That means arrive people contacted them before you.

Also sending multiple messages slows down the response as they have to get all your messages and have only over person respond, it may delay things. 

Usually they respond in less than 2 hours (my experience not the rule) but we did have bad situation with technical difficulties that would take response time to 72 hours. Those are rare though. When Bell it Rogers have such issues they play the message to call then later and disconnect the call. Nobody is immune to that

@Faisal2c Reply speed depends on their workload. If many people have issues, you receive a reply later, but usually no later than 48 hours. Glad that they replied you already. Hope your problem will be solved soon!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What is active since last Saturday

Your Virgin account or your PM account? Both have to be active.

@Faisal2c  Four different threads over the same issue?

Faisal2c

it is active and running since last Saturday morning

@Faisal2c 

That is absolutely not the case

Your public mobile has to be active and running for virgin to be able to take your number. Only while you are active user of the account do you have authority to move that number to another company

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

Why are you leaving Public Mobile? Do you need more data? Was there a particular issue you had?

He doesn't like that there's no one to speak to for any issues. He doesn't like the online support model. Which is fine. Not every service is a fit for everyone.

@Faisal2c 

When you ported to Virgin what information did you give them for the port?

If you gave them Phone #, Name on the account, and account number make sure all of these things are exactly how they appear on your Public Mobile account.

If you are still having issues you could give them your IME# do this by dialing *#06#

Your IME# will show up on the screen of your phone. Then just give them your name and phone number. 

Why are you leaving Public Mobile? Do you need more data? Was there a particular issue you had?

Have a great day!

Faisal2c

I just got a reply 

Faisal2c

Why they don't want to reply? I have sent two messages. 

@Faisal2c wrote:

apparently no one is online till now! 

I count 9 moderators logged in at the moment.  

If you need alot of data then you might need either the $40 or $50 plan.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Faisal2c

already done that 

@Faisal2c , the moderator team have been known to work past posted hours.  The typical response time is between 2 hours and 48 hours depending on workload.  

Faisal2c

apparently no one is online till now! 

Faisal2c

I don't have signal on Virgin sim card. they told me once Public Mobile signal is down then you can switch sim cards

Faisal2c

I need data to work out side while driving. my current Public mobile plan is 250MB is not enough. 

Faisal2c

I didn't get the refund yet. and I don't mind to keep it for the person who can help me and fix the issue I'm facing since Saturday till now!. 

The issue is my number still with Public Mobile and I don't know why I couldn't transfer it. 

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

@Faisal2c 

Your virgin internet should be working even if your calls aren't coming through, you should be able to dial out.

I suggest use TextNow to receive calls while you a waiting. 

If your public mobile account is active, your public mobile sim should be working at well and you should be able to receive the calls on it. If that is the case, just forward all your calls to TextNow number and while the transfer is still in process public mobile will be forwarding your calls to TextNow that is active on the phone with your virgin service

If you public mobile was not active you will have to reactivate and proceed the same.

The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

Faisal2c

same

@gblackma wrote:

@Faisal2c activate your account by switching your plan down to the $15 one. Then reinitiate your Virgin port. Stay safe. 

@gblackma  Didn't he have to do that very thing days ago? He wanted PM to refund him the money he had to pay to activate the account so the number could be ported out. PM apparently agreed to refund the money. Not entirely sure what's up now.

Faisal2c

Hi every one, 

I would like to know the working hours for the moderate_team. 

for example right now in Montreal is Monday 10:30AM. and I don't get any reply for my case. 

is there any other ways to approach them? 

@Faisal2c activate your account by switching your plan down to the $15 one. Then reinitiate your Virgin port. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.