cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan stopped working

Phaidra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter's phone stopped receiving or sending calls or texts and Data no longer works.. It's like she no longer has any services but we are still paying and have made no recent changes.  Any suggestions?  Already tried shutting down and removing sim card.  Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

@Phaidra wrote:

Waited about ten mins... Didn't work...I really thought this one might 😊

@Phaidra   I'm assuming you mean that you tried the lost/stolen trick and it didn't work.  That's too bad because that's been known to fix quite a few glitches.  Also you restarted the phone afterwards?  Well now all you can do is wait for the moderators to respond.  Good luck. 😊

Phaidra

Waited about ten mins... Didn't work...I really thought this one might 😊

Phaidra

That didn't work for us but thanks for trying

Phaidra

Trying that now.. Thanks

@andrewmckinley wrote:

@dabr Yup. Waiting for a reply. Am on a bread schedule… will have to step away from the computer soon. 

@andrewmckinley   Good to hear.  Now keep an eye on the envelope icon top right of your screen for a response back from moderators.  Good luck. 😊

andrewmckinley

@dabr Yup. Waiting for a reply. Am on a bread schedule… will have to step away from the computer soon. 

@Phaidra wrote:

I submitted a ticket but I'm trying all these tricks while I wait.. It said a ticket can take 2 days.  Nothing has worked so far but I just suspended service like my phone is lost... Here's hoping it reactivates once I say it's found.

@Phaidra  The moderators usually respond within an hour or two and the two day response time is only if they're backed up with too many in the queue ahead of you, but I don't think there's been that long a wait for quite  a while now.  But yeah, it's a good idea to try all the known workarounds while you wait to hear back.  Good luck!

Phaidra

No new exploration date.. Payment seems to be up to date..I did look a ticket thanks

andrewmckinley

@dabr Already did. Am sitting here waiting for a reply. 

Phaidra

I submitted a ticket but I'm trying all these tricks while I wait.. It said a ticket can take 2 days.  Nothing has worked so far but I just suspended service like my phone is lost... Here's hoping it reactivates once I say it's found.

@andrewmckinley wrote:

Hmm. I also had my account locked out and phone is not working. I have been on autopay for a year with no problem till now. Have spent the day trying to get help. 

@andrewmckinley   Have you tried all the suggestions offered?  If nothing has worked you'll need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon ? mark bottom right of your screen.

@andrewmckinley wrote:

Hmm. I also had my account locked out and phone is not working. I have been on autopay for a year with no problem till now. Have spent the day trying to get help. 

@andrewmckinley hello is it possible that you need to update your expiry date for your cc have you received a new one lately?if you need help contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention auto pay issue  check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

andrewmckinley

@Phaidra wrote:

We bought the phone brand new and have been using this plan since October... It stopped working while we were camping last week and since no one had service camping we didn't realize there was a problem till we got home.  Still not working once the SIM was put back in and rebooted.  My account says $0 owed, so I assume it should still be active but don't see that written anywhere.

@Phaidra   Try the lost/stolen trick to see if it will reset your account/SIM.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, then phone lost/stolen, suspend service, log out, wait a few mins, long back in and resume service, log out and restart your phone.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Phaidra wrote:

We bought the phone brand new and have been using this plan since October... It stopped working while we were camping last week and since no one had service camping we didn't realize there was a problem till we got home.  Still not working once the SIM was put back in and rebooted.  My account says $0 owed, so I assume it should still be active but don't see that written anywhere.

@Phaidra hi put your phone in airplane mode at least five minutes then restart your phone 

Phaidra

Phaidra

I owe $0 it says 😊

nannuvirdi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Please make sure that your bank is still allowing the payments to go through, sometimes when they don't receive the payment, they will shut down your service. If problem doesn't resolve then try changing the sim card by going to your online account with Public Mobile.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Phaidra there is an issue going on right now with the system failing with auto-pay. try and make a manual payment to restore your services. either login to your self serve or call 611

contact customer support here if you still can fix the issue

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

When logging into the account does it say active or suspended?

Also the phone is it second hand? Maybe who you bought it from if it was FB marketplace or Kijiji reported it stolen and they blacklisted the phone?

If you put your sim card in phone does it work?

Need Help? Let's chat.