cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan includes 8.5gb of data but I've been cutoff at 5gb and I have no idea how to resolve the issue.

Corwin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey folks, I'm out in cottage country and my data has been cutoff at 8.5gb even though my plan includes 5gb. I've been on this plan for a while now so it's not it's not a plan changeover issue. How can I get this resolved? I had to drive out 40 minutes into town just to use the wifi to write this message.. please help!

11 REPLIES 11

@Corwin  If you got a warning then more than likely you have used up your data.

You can purchase a data add-on or submit a ticket to PM and ask them to renew your plan early.

Make sure that the start dates on your device and plan are the same as far as data usage goes.

Have you never logged in to your account to see usage, what plan you are on, billing info, etc? You should have created a Self Serve account right when your account was created though I have heard of some activations at dealers getting you working but not instructing you to create the Self Serve account. You would have received a text message with PIN code I believe at activation to set up the Self Serve. If you have Autopay set up I think you can dial 611 to buy add-on, check balance etc. This means you could have done this at the cottage.

AE_Collector

@Corwin log into your self service account and look in the overview section. If your data is no longer  there. Then its done for the 30 day cycle.  It should look like this,  except in your case xxx/8xxx of 8.5 gihs data at 3G speed

20200419_140531.jpg

If you are out of and need more data. You can either buy a 1 gig add on for $15, or contact the moderators and ask them to renew your plan early. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Does your phone say EXACTLY 5Gb used? Is your phone data tracking set properly for a 30 day plan etc? Some of these trackers cant even be set for 30 days so they slowly get off track. Now that you have wifi you can buy another 1 Gb of data for $15 to see if that gets you back on line.

Corwin

How do I check my self-service account? I did get warnings that my data was going to run out. But my phone says that I've only used 5gb but my plan on Public Mobile reads that I'm set up for 8.5gb of data

Corwin

It was a typo. My plan includes 8.5gb. I've been cutoff at 5gb. My data limit is not set on my phone.

Corwin

Thanks gblackma! Unfortunately that's not the issue. But it could have been so thank-you!

@Corwin check your phone settings. You may have set a data limit of 5 gigs on it. Remove it. Stay safe. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Corwin wrote:

Hey folks, I'm out in cottage country and my data has been cutoff at 5gb even though my plan includes 5gb. I've been on this plan for a while now so it's not it's not a plan changeover issue. How can I get this resolved? I had to drive out 40 minutes into town just to use the wifi to write this message.. please help!

There's a discrepancy between the title and post... Have you ever used more than 5GB on the 8.5GB plan? Could it be the data limit setting on your phone?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Corwin Check your self-service account. Maybe you really used up all your data. Have you received any SMS with warnings about data is ending soon?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Have you logged into your self serve account to ensure that all data has not been used?

Under my data and add-ons does it show any data? If nothing shows means you used up all your data.

Need Help? Let's chat.