cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Says Active But Not Working

dalymatthews
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I paid for my plan hours ago and though my account says active, it will not make calls, send texts, use data, ect. When I make a phone call it tells me I need to put an add on for long distance calls, but my plan is Canada-wide, and regardless, I was calling my house phone. This is the case for any number I try. How do I ACTUALLY activate my plan? I've used this SIM with this plan, but never renewed it online. 

10 REPLIES 10

dalymatthews

@Anonymous wrote:

@dalymatthews 

I know it sounds weird but it has worked for many.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

This worked!! Thank you so much 🙂

dalymatthews

I changed my plan, so this is not technically a renewal. It's a bit complicated but I has actually activated + paid for my LAST SIM with my previous public account. I didn't realise I had two accounts until I got in touch with support,who cleared it up and transferred my funds and plan into this one. I have purchased other plans with public but never had this problem, and all of those were done in London Drugs or Walmart.

So yes, this is the same night that I paid for my plan, but no, it is not a renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalymatthews wrote:

I actually did try this, but I get the same message 😞

The 1 or the lost/stolen?

It's helpful to indicate who you're replying to by using the black Quote button or the @ tag or even just username.

dalymatthews

I actually did try this, but I get the same message 😞

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try dialing 1 before the number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalymatthews wrote:

Doing this now! Thank you 🙂

Let us know. There's another thing to try but we'll see what happens with this.

By the way, is this your renewal night? Or was that last night? Or neither?

dalymatthews

Doing this now! Thank you 🙂

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

This sounds like activation issue.  It is not because of compatibility issue because it tries to make the call and you do connect to network.  Try reportng phone as lost/stolen and tell it you found phone a a couple minutes later.  Or else send private mesaage to moderator_team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalymatthews 

I know it sounds weird but it has worked for many.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.