cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging not working

b1791
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've never been able to send or receive pic messages with PM, but I could with Koodo. My daughter set my APN as per the instructions here and my data is on. Ive tried my sim in another phone and it still doesn't work. Anything else I can try?

19 REPLIES 19

chrisgordey

This method still works fyi. Just saved me with my difficult setup of the zenfone 4 max after Android update. Picture messaging is now working with these added settings.

Cheers

b1791

It seems my picture messaging has stopped working again. I have not changed any settings, my data is on, I've restarted my phone and I've only used 3mg of my 1gb of data. Any ideas what else I can try?

dcolb566

I had the same problem. Solution- Make sure your data is turned on. To receive a picture message it has to have data or it will not come through . I like to save my data for something important so I turn my data off. When i receive a picture message or want to use data i turn back on.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You're welcome @b1791!  

Hope you enjoy your PM service and see you around the community.

Thanks super @Shazia_K

We have the best moderators we could ask for 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304

You rock as always!!!! Smiley Tongue

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

b1791
@imm1304 Your suggestion of changing the APN Type setting worked. Thank you!

imm1304

@b1791, some people have reported success by entering the following:

APN Type:  default,mms,supl

Also, you must be on the data network and not on wifi when you send a test mms.  Hope this helps. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@b1791

Can you please delete your current APN and set them back as per the link  @imm1304 sent you?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

b1791
I originally had this there and that didn't work either

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

imm1304

Hi @b1791!

I can see from the image you attached that your MMS settings are not fully filled in.

The MMSC line is not supposed to be blank. 

Please click on the link belove and compare your APN settings to the ones on that page, fill in the missing lines and save. Reboot.  You should be able to send/receive MMS after that.  

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr...

b1791

20160718_164513.jpg

b1791

Here it is.20160718_164458.jpg

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@b1791

Can you send us a screenshot of your APN settings? 

Thanks,

Shazia

I saw an issue like this caused by the phone resrticting the size of images. However, given that regular texting is working and that the same error occured in a second phone, I think it's something Shazia will need to address.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

b1791

My phone is an HTC 320. My daughters phone is an LG G3

What's the make & model of your phone? 

b1791

I have international texting and text all the time. Just can't send or receive picture messages.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@b1791

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Would you be able to send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message? I will gladly assist you further.

Thanks,

Shazia

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Just to be sure, log into your self serve account and see if you have texting in your plan.

If so, since the same problem occurred with the sim in another phone texting has not been added. @Shazia_K?

Need Help? Let's chat.