cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture fail to send

Sharon4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Does anyone know why I keep getting a failed to send message when I try to send a picture to non iPhone people? Sometimes they get the picture and sometimes they don't. This just started about 2 weeks ago...

12 REPLIES 12

@Sharon4 wrote:

So, I'm not sure what you mean by that last reply... I have not got those options to choose. I have an iPhone 7 Plus.

I am still having the failed to send issue with my picture texts...Something strange is happening with my overall service in my community. It's rather annoying!

@Sharon4  Couple of thoughts:

• have seen some posts that the maximum size of the pictures is 2mb on PM
  • be sure cellular data is on
  • correct setup for iPhones is Settings >> Messages >> iMessages ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show your phone number and Apple email address
  • go to Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it
  • turn Facetime and Messages OFF, wait 5 minutes and turn ON; this will reset Apple's servers

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Sharon4 

Along with @AE_Collector ..... @LurganIeUk and @Luddite can offer some advice on your issue.

Sharon4

So, I'm not sure what you mean by that last reply... I have not got those options to choose. I have an iPhone 7 Plus.

I am still having the failed to send issue with my picture texts...Something strange is happening with my overall service in my community. It's rather annoying!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sharon4 ,

Are your Chat Features enabled? If so, turn them off.

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  3. Turn Enable chat features off.

@Meow 

MMS requires data to be on but it does not consume your data. MMS is sent thru a completely different server than the server that your mobile data is metered on. 

I have an Android... it need data to be on unless there is a trick to do it over WiFi

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Yes it really should kinda have a disclaimer. Your phone may very well do a bunch of other sync-ing when it sees the internet. But MMS doesn't consume data. iMessage will though unless you set it up properly.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Sharon4 

So are you saying “it works”, but it is using your data? It actually will use your data to send a picture by text (on a non apple device) but the data will be reimbursed back to your data account.

I am not so sure it works that way. Friend sent me MMS and I had to turn data on but 300k was not reimbursed. Not a big deal but MMS will NOT go through WiFi as it requires DATA to be on.

Sharon4

No I am in Nova Scotia

@Sharon4 

So are you saying “it works”, but it is using your data? It actually will use your data to send a picture by text (on a non apple device) but the data will be reimbursed back to your data account.

<edit>, okay now I see you are getting a failure message. I sometimes have this problem when I have a weak data signal though the number of bars shown doesn’t necessarily dictate that it is particularly weak. I find moving to a different location frequently works. You aren’t in Manitoba are you?

AE_Collector

Sharon4

Hi

Yes MMS is already turned on and cellular data is also turned on. When WIFI isn't available it uses Data

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Go to Settings/Messages and turn on MMS. If there is no switch for it contact your carrier to have the feature provisioned on your account. Once it is on note that MMS requires cellular data, so if your only data connection is Wi-Fi you cannot send or receive MMS.

Need Help? Let's chat.