cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up voicemail

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am trying to pick up a voicemail I received by using another phone number which happens to be in the USA.  From what I read it is not possible to access my voicemail using a US landline unless I purchase talk time on the phone that is sitting in a drawer til I return home to Canada.  I am on the $15 a month plan to keep the phone active.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I know...my saying is you win some you lose some. I would generally not care to say anything but it's that I seemed to be almost one on one with the person.

As long as the customer is away and happy it's all good. We're all in this together.

@Anonymous wrote:

Whine snivel..gosh...I gave a voicemail access number to try earlier in the thread.

Glad you got things sorted.

@Anonymous @Nezgar Someone here pointed out to me quite awhile ago after I had commented on the same thing happening to me, that it probably balances out with the times you get the solution like in this case.

@Anonymous 

Hehe I was thinking same... I mainly just elaborated on your idea... im perfectly OK if OP gives @Anonymous 's post the Solution... unless maybe some numbers worked better than others when calling from the US, though that's highly unlikely.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whine snivel..gosh...I gave a voicemail access number to try earlier in the thread.

Glad you got things sorted.

Mimi33

Thanks, the solution box shows there. Appreciate your help.  Stay safe and lets pray Johnston and Johnston gets approved in the next few weeks by our government.  One shot, no refrigeration required. 

@Mimi33 wrote:

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me with my issue - trying to pick up voicemail on my PM phone using a land line while in the USA.  I don't know how to get to the post Nezar made.  I received an email with the solution and want to accept as solution but when I chose the name the current post doesn't show up.  Only the information from last February.  Anyway, thanks a bunch Nezar

@Mimi33 Just look at the post right above your last one, the reply by @Nezgar is there with the link to the numbers. It should be available to mark as Solution.

Mimi33

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me with my issue - trying to pick up voicemail on my PM phone using a land line while in the USA.  I don't know how to get to the post Nezar made.  I received an email with the solution and want to accept as solution but when I chose the name the current post doesn't show up.  Only the information from last February.  Anyway, thanks a bunch Nezar

@Mimi33 wrote:

My land line in the USA provides free calling to Canada

As an alternative to calling your own mobile number, you can directly call any of the local voicemail access numbers across Canada listed in the link below. When connected, press 1 for English, enter your mailbox number (your phone number), during your announcement press * then enter your password.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

@Mimi33 wrote:

If your landline has free Canadian calling, you should be able to dial your Public Mobile 10 digit number and when the greeting is play, interrupt it by pressing *.  The menu options are as follows.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Mimi33

Mimi33

I have texting add-on on the Canadian phone.  This doesn't help me pick up messages that are on my Canadian phone number. I don't really understand what you are saying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 : Well of course however you need to call a Canadian number from the phone service you're calling from is up to that phone service. Maybe you could also dial 17785804001. See what happens. But still...it's up to that phone service to be able to get here from there.

@Mimi33 you can download the textnow app and create an account and have free calls/texts over wifi. plus you get a Canadian number. 

they actually sell a $10 sim card and you can have a free cellphone plan in the USA

textnow.com

Mimi33

I think it is because I am calling from a land line in the USA.  I have tried the research this situation and it is frustrating.  Me search working is ...how do I pick up voicemails using a phone in the USA.  I am not sure how I got a message on the PM phone but it said I had to pay for international calling. This sounds ridiculous but may be so? Just can't find a definitive answer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 : That seems odd. I just tried. My greeting starts, I press *, it asks for the password.

Mimi33

thanks ...will try that. OK when I press star key during greeting it s

ays leave a message or press # for more options

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 : Press * when you hear the greeting.

Mimi33

as stated I am in the USA and put a $15 plan on phone.  I turned phone on and see there are voicemails. I tried to phone my phone from a land line in the USA. When I was with Bell all I did to access voicemail from any other phone in any country was press 9 and then enter my password and I had abscess to the voicemails I had received on my Canadian phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 : The account needs to be active of course. But what methods have you been doing so far?

Need Help? Let's chat.