cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone tells me wrong information

jgfinc45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone tells me I have used up all my minutes. Not true.

9 REPLIES 9

@jgfinc45 

So the CSA showed you how to read your overview page to determine that you accidently used your minutes via a pocket dial? 

jgfinc45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got to the bottom - pocket dial. Fixed now. Thanks. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jgfinc45 wrote:

Phone tells me I have used up all my minutes. Not true.

@jgfinc45 

IF you are on an Unlimited Minutes calling plan does the call still go through if you ignore the message?

Do these things to be able to make a call:

• reboot
  • toggle into airplane mode, then back again
  • perform a reset of your network settings

Hopefully, this fixes the calling issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jgfinc45   and yes that error could be wrong.  Did you try to add a 1 in front of the 10 digits number like 16041234567  ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jgfinc45  Are you on the $15 plan with only 100 minutes?  Did you try to go into Usage History on My Account (Self-Serve) and confirm the Outgoing calls entries?  Please note that PM running on a 30 days cycle and hence the cycle start date keep changing.  Make sure you filter from the first day of your current cycle.  

Also, calls are all round up to the next minute.  So, a 1:01 call and and 1:59 call will  both be counted as 2 minutes calls.   And check voicemail from your phone also count towards your call bucket.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If possible could we know which plan you are on?

Maybe a screenshot as well that shows the breakdown of your minutes. 

If you are on the cheapest plan of 15$ you would only get 100minutes outgoing. (I am assuming that you have this one)

@jgfinc45 

What is the exact message you are getting when you try to make a call? Can you call 611? What does it tell you? If you cannot call 611 call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter you 10 digit phone number and get your account details from there. If you are not out of minutes or on a $25+ plan try rebooting your phone and try to make a call again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jgfinc45...what plan are you using ? If you have the $15 plan...that has only 100 minutes of outgoing calling. If that's your plan, you can also get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on which can be used if you run outta regular plan minutes. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you do use them up.

edit;  checking your voicemail also uses up plan minutes.

[Pocket dialing used allowance ...... Luddite]

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jgfinc45 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.