cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switching from LTE to 4G randomly

jayfoxx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7, and noticed recently that in places I used to have no problems,  my phone has been going from LTE to 4G randomly. If I'm in a call, it appears to stay connected,  but line goes dead. Data goes to a crawl. What's happening?

37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayfoxx : And how do the bars look when it does that?

Maybe post screenshots of your APN so we can see. It shouldn't do anything about radio reception but at least to optimize that.

jayfoxx

@darlicious 

So, when I'm not on wifi my phone usually says LTE where the signals bars are in the top of the phone. Lately, a couple places I go regularly have been switching whats displayed there from LTE to 4G, and that's when I notice interruptions. 

Once I move away a bit, it goes back to LTE again and my service begins to work normally. On data, i suppose i can deal with it. But today i was on a call, and it just went dead while still seemingly connected as far as my phone was concerned. 

do you notice that you always in LTE or non-LTE in some particular area?  

Maybe it depends on the towers around you?

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

jayfoxx

I forgot to mention that this usually resolves itself when I move to a different area, without rebooting. It goes back to LTE and everything is normal again. Just to be sure, I have also updated the APN settings mentioned, and it seems the proxy and the MMSC port were incorrect. Not sure if those would have been the issue though, as they have not been touched since I signed up with public mobile and this issue has only been the last week or so.

@jayfoxx 

I don't think @Anonymous 's post will help much....are you saying its switching from 3G to 4G LTE? Your phone will normally be in 4G LTE until you get a call then it switches to 3G to take/make a call. Try forcing your phone into 3G only in your settings and see if this improves your service. You will find that you will likely get faster data speeds in 3G but can slow down depending on network traffic.

Of course @Nezgar knows more about this than I do...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

not sure what is the difference when Samsung showing 4G instead of LTE, but some phones show 4G instead but still mean LTE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

please make sure APN Settings On your device,

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

if you still have the issue you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.