cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not working

PublicMob438
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined June 5 around 10:00 PM but the transfer did not go through properly so my phone does not work. I have posted 4 private messages to the moderator_team but had no responses. Does anyone know if there are no moderators left? Is publicmobile having financial or technical problems? Thanks

51 REPLIES 51

PublicMob438

I was just on the phone with another company. DOn't know if they allow you to post other phone company names. This company has phone support NC, same prices as PM and if luck would have it I can buy an add on for when I travel to the USA to call back and text back to friends in Canada good for 30 days. Does anyone know if I can do the same thing with publicmobile? The other phone company is through Costco and Bell. Thanks in advance.

PublicMob438

Yes the account was active and now shows active on the publicmobile network but nothing works except text ads from public mobile and I can call out but not accept incoming, no voice mail, call display etc and no incoming text or data.

PublicMob438

The hilarious part is I am getting texts from publicmobile but not anyone else. LOL. So I am obviously on their plan but not actually on their plan...LOL. 

PublicMob438

Yes Koodo is now the monthly subscribers which is why the rep had suggested koodo first and then port to publicmobile. He said he has had very few problems going that route. I called him this morning and he was quite good. He told me to private message the moderators and wait a few days and someone normally will get back. He said I could also try setting up a new phone number on my phone but he thinks I would need a new account and is unsure as he does not do many publicmobile phones. He also said he is not commissioned but paid hourly but he said people have a low opinion of sales people in phones so he understands how people feel. I thought he was quite good and tried his best.

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks - PCMobile is Telus and was bought by Koodo. The rep suggested koodo for a month to give publicmobile time to port it over. He was pretty honest I felt.

@PublicMob438  PC Mobile postpaid customers are Koodo. PC Mobile prepaid customers are with Bell. If you are PC Mobile prepaid then you are being ported over from Bell. If your PC Mobile sim card does not work anymore then that would suggest that Bell released the number . You account was active when you started the port correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks - PCMobile is Telus and was bought by Koodo. The rep suggested koodo for a month to give publicmobile time to port it over. He was pretty honest I felt.

There was a separation of PC Mobile postpaid and PC Mobile prepaid. iirc postpaid got folded into Koodo. Prepaid I'm not sure.

PublicMob438

Number is coming from pcmobile which is now koodo. The forum shows tech support is on until midnight EST. I am in EST. Thanks for your reply.

@PublicMob438 That's the thing.. PCMobile is still with Bell.. they are moving people to Koodo because Loblaws decides close shop and to concentrate on retail grocery than competiting in the phone space. You still need to do your own research even if people come across as honest in this day and age. Wiki link. What's happening to PCMobile is like what they did with PCFinancial and CIBC, Loblaws didn't like the ROI for the amount they are paying.

PublicMob438

My boss was just telling me that once it works, just never make any changes. He also said I should have got a new number and then made a request to port over the old number. He said the Loblaw rep did a good job but unfortunately it happens a lot when porting numbers. He was saying you get what you pay for. The service is cheap but customer support is poor. He said it will probably be 2 to 3 weeks before it works but it will eventually work. I'll buy a burner phone for now! LOL.

PublicMob438

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@PublicMob438 wrote:

I joined June 5 around 10:00 PM but the transfer did not go through properly so my phone does not work. I have posted 4 private messages to the moderator_team but had no responses. Does anyone know if there are no moderators left? Is publicmobile having financial or technical problems? Thanks

@PublicMob438  How do you know the port did not go through did you get a text from Public Mobile notifying you? If yes, I assume you contacted them to provide them with the correct account info for the port, correct? Don't understand why the three other messages. Did you expect to get an instant response from them back? Who is your previous provider? Is it Fido or Spaekout  by any chance?

The thread says PC Mobile prepaid and he says he did send pm's.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

@PublicMob438  How do you know the port did not go through did you get a text from Public Mobile notifying you? If yes, I assume you contacted them to provide them with the correct account info for the port, correct? Don't understand why the three other messages. Did you expect to get an instant response from them back? Who is your previous provider? Is it Fido or Spaekout  by any chance?

Edit: Thanks Z.. I missed that part Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Old Sim dos not work. I am at work right now. My co-workers told me they waited several days with no replies and gave up. They said they had to do a chargeback on their CC to get a refund. My boss said that he has three phones, all the same type with publicmobile and only 1 went through properly. He said if it doesn't work with the original activation then you have to wait days. One phone he told me took 3 weeks before it finally worked. In the end though he said they all now work which is why I went with them. 

And yet, many people activate without issue and go on with their lives never needing account help. I'm one. Twice. Albeit, I didn't port. But many people do, again without issue.

There certainly have been, coming up on, 3 straight months now of stupid problems here. But those same many people have not had problems throughout that time. Again...me.

@PublicMob438Actually Telus is the parent company, Koodo and Public Mobile are both known as flanker brands. PCMobile is Loblaw's house brand which is partnered with Bell.

Yes people have problems with Public Mobile posts here.. just like people who are sick goes to the hospital.. but as I mentioned in another thread. The number is relatively low.

But nevertheless if this is a tax write off item, since you mention the magic word "boss".. work should have taken care of it.

Anyways the process of porting can take up to 48 hours and it depends whether you (or the rep) have entered the porting information correctly. Assuming it goes well you should get a text like below

IMG_0001.PNG

PublicMob438

The rep told me that it was better to move to Koodo which is the parent company and then move to PCMobile. He said that usually works seamlessly. 

PublicMob438

Old Sim dos not work. I am at work right now. My co-workers told me they waited several days with no replies and gave up. They said they had to do a chargeback on their CC to get a refund. My boss said that he has three phones, all the same type with publicmobile and only 1 went through properly. He said if it doesn't work with the original activation then you have to wait days. One phone he told me took 3 weeks before it finally worked. In the end though he said they all now work which is why I went with them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I was with pcmobile prepaid. I can call out that's all. Incoming calls are going straight to PCMobile voicemail. Nothing else works. 

You would have thought I could fix this with just changes in my profile but no such luck. Their activation form was fine when I filled it in.  Most of my friends told me I was insane to go to publicmobile. I had other friends who told me that they had left because it didn't seem there were any moderators left. Yesterday I bought the SIM card at Loblaw and the rep told me I would be better to change to their parent company, Koodo.  He told me that he had been swamped with people having problems and wanting to leave. 

Ahh sales reps...gotta love'em.

Porting numbers can take some time. Try using your old SIM. If it still works then fine keep using it. When it stops working, put in the PM SIM and it should all work then.

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I was with pcmobile prepaid. I can call out that's all. Incoming calls are going straight to PCMobile voicemail. Nothing else works. 

You would have thought I could fix this with just changes in my profile but no such luck. Their activation form was fine when I filled it in.  Most of my friends told me I was insane to go to publicmobile. I had other friends who told me that they had left because it didn't seem there were any moderators left. Yesterday I bought the SIM card at Loblaw and the rep told me I would be better to change to their parent company, Koodo.  He told me that he had been swamped with people having problems and wanting to leave. 

People fear the unknown.  I am actually getting more and more friends and family switching to PM after 2.5 years of me being on it and them seeing how much I am saving.

ETA  The Rep probably gets more commission if you sign up with Koodo and that could be an incentive for him to push you that way as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PublicMob438

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Depending on if you contacted them at 10 PM Pacific or Eastern Time, as they are only on until 9PM Pacific.  Sending multiple messages will not get you noticed sooner and Moderator response time is 2-48 hours.  Who did you port your number from?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 wrote:

First of all ...where'd you get the time machine? 🙂

Can you call/text out? Does data work if you have it? Try your old SIM. What provider are you transferring from?

The moderators can take a very long time to respond. There have been a long string of problems here and so they take days to respond.

Need Help? Let's chat.