cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says sim card locked

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi Community,

I need some help with my phone. I lent my sim card to a friend to test out a couple of phones ( both were telus phones it worked fine.) But when i put my sim card back in my phone theres a message sim card is locked emegency calls only. This phone is an old samsung core and is unlocked from fido. It worked fine until we put the sim card in the telus phones. Could they have locked the sim card?

11 REPLIES 11

@BeachNBeer I saw your “black box” response notification on my screen but no numbers in my Bell. 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@treefrog  Great!

@LurganIeUkSame problems with notifications here.

@treefrog wrote:

Weird I'm not getting any notifications for my post. Sorry about that. That's a whole different issue!

@Staliger 

When I call my number it goes straight to message and my phone doesn't ring. Unfortunately I didn't notice this right away and my friend has already left so I don't have another phone to test it in now.

@geopublic 

I have no problem accessing my self serve account everything's fine in there as far as I can tell

I thought it was just me......notifications don’t seem to be working for me either. 

treefrog

@BeachNBeer 

That worked! Thanks everyone for your help. You rock!

@treefrog  Did you friend by any change use a PIN to lock the sim from their device? Best submit a ticket to PM and ask them to provide a PIN to unlock your SIM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Edit: Also verify that the sim number on your account matches the number on the card by comparing the last 4 digits. Access your selfserve select the change sim card option to get the last 4 digits from your account.

BeachNBeer

@treefrog 

Try 1234 that's the default pin code for Public Mobile.

treefrog

@BeachNBeer 

When I first turned the phone on the sim card locked message is there and the keypad is there with instructions saying three attempts left enter PIN to unlock SIM card. Ok i will try your suggestion.

BeachNBeer

@treefrog  Any chance a sim pin was asked at some point that was entered incorrectly?

Go into settings to try to unlock your sim card. Might be in your Security settings. Public Mobile default sim pin is 1234. 

Only try once. To many failed attempts will require a PUK code that only mods can give you.

treefrog

Weird I'm not getting any notifications for my post. Sorry about that. That's a whole different issue!

@Staliger 

When I call my number it goes straight to message and my phone doesn't ring. Unfortunately I didn't notice this right away and my friend has already left so I don't have another phone to test it in now.

@geopublic 

I have no problem accessing my self serve account everything's fine in there as far as I can tell

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog wrote:

Hi Community,

I need some help with my phone. I lent my sim card to a friend to test out a couple of phones ( both were telus phones it worked fine.) But when i put my sim card back in my phone theres a message sim card is locked emegency calls only. This phone is an old samsung core and is unlocked from fido. It worked fine until we put the sim card in the telus phones. Could they have locked the sim card? No. Are you sure  your friend returned your sim card?  If yes, try to access your selfserve account if you can't try, calling your number what happens?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog Can you insert the card into previous phone to see if it works there? Is your self-service account in a good standing?

Need Help? Let's chat.