cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan non functionning -refund-

claraderichouff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I purchased a phone plan at $40 that includes 5GB of 3G as well as Unlimited Text. I followed all the recommandations on the forum but I never got internet to function on my phone. All the texts I send are either being send with a 20 minutes delay or not send at all. 

I would like a refund on my paiement so I can purchase another plan with another carrier. 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@claraderichouff 

We can help walk you thru the steps of setting up your APN  if that helps. There are a couple of apple experts that can advise you like @LurganIeUk 

Have you checked for any software updates available from apple?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@claraderichouff wrote:

Hi, I purchased a phone plan at $40 that includes 5GB of 3G as well as Unlimited Text. I followed all the recommandations on the forum but I never got internet to function on my phone. All the texts I send are either being send with a 20 minutes delay or not send at all. 

I would like a refund on my paiement so I can purchase another plan with another carrier. 

Thanks!

@claraderichouff  Many other customers use an iPhone 7 with that plan and are very happy. The fact that it takes 20 minutes to send a text means that there might be an issue with your phone app and/or settings.

Best to submit a ticket with Public Mobile and they will walk your through your configuration and also might have to reset your account to fix your issues. It's definitely worth a try.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@claraderichouff There is no need for a refund. Its not Public Mobile's fault. It must be the APN settings. Try to add the APN settings like everyone mentioned above.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@claraderichouff 

If you can't setup your APN the best thing to do is contact moderatora

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tell them that no matter how you configure your APN it still doesn't work.

You must give them make model and IMEI of your device

You can get IMEI by dialing *#06#

Make sure your sim is in your phone they will push settings over sms, you will need to accept

There are no refunds here, but if you ask nicely for compensation for the lost time, maybe you will get a gift or dinner kind of credit. There are no guarantees though

@claraderichouff Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Enable data, sms, mms under your Imessage, and restart your phone. Reenter your wifi password if applicable. Turn your wifi off and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. Let us know if this doesn't work.  Thanks. Stay safe. 

claraderichouff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have an iphone 7 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@claraderichouff wrote:

Thanks!

What if the make and model of your phone.  It may require some editing of the APN settings because if you are trying to send a picture text (MMS) you need this setup or they won't send.

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @claraderichouff PM is a prepaid service there are no refunds. Why don't we try to make the current plan work? What's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.