Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone number

Hi @gblackma 

That number is the phone id

It will identify the last piece of equipment that the previous service was used with.

You are under no obligation to use the same phone with the new service do it should not impact the new service beyond the port procedure. Once the sim is inserted that phone's imei number gets exchanged with the provider

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the helpguys and gals. Called the number for the porting department and was resolved in the mater of minutes. 

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for all the information. 

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackmaValid question.

It does not matter. PM will know your IMEI once you turn on your phone and connect to their network.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When my dad was porting in his number from Telus, he accidentally typed the wrong phone number in the porting form. We were able to just re-submit the port request again and it completed quickly successfully.

Maybe try that as a first step.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

When my dad was porting in his number from Telus, he accidentally typed the wrong phone number in the porting form. We were able to just re-submit the port request again and it completed quickly successfully.

All's good. OP resolved it 3 posts back, about 2 hours ago.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

He probably got somebody a scare trying to port their number 🙂

It went through in your dad's case because the real number was unaffected and in good standing, also the new port overrides the old port.

In this case, since they put the correct phone number there was probably a lock on it as process is already initiated and wouldn't be just released to the new port request without manual input. Maybe they could have waited for the request to expire. It may be long wait and lots of uncertainty.