cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Snow1man
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I entered the wrong IMEI number when activating my wifes sim card. It shows her number on the account but cant recieve calls or texts. If i cancel my other account now will this number be released from them and work with PM? On there end it says there is a porting request in progress but has issues. I guess thats the wrong number i put in.

15 REPLIES 15

@Nezgar wrote:

When my dad was porting in his number from Telus, he accidentally typed the wrong phone number in the porting form. We were able to just re-submit the port request again and it completed quickly successfully.

Maybe try that as a first step.

He probably got somebody a scare trying to port their number 🙂

It went through in your dad's case because the real number was unaffected and in good standing, also the new port overrides the old port.

In this case, since they put the correct phone number there was probably a lock on it as process is already initiated and wouldn't be just released to the new port request without manual input. Maybe they could have waited for the request to expire. It may be long wait and lots of uncertainty. 

@Nezgar wrote:

When my dad was porting in his number from Telus, he accidentally typed the wrong phone number in the porting form. We were able to just re-submit the port request again and it completed quickly successfully.

All's good. OP resolved it 3 posts back, about 2 hours ago.

Thanks for all the information. 

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackmaValid question.

It does not matter. PM will know your IMEI once you turn on your phone and connect to their network.

Snow1man
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the helpguys and gals. Called the number for the porting department and was resolved in the mater of minutes. 

Thanks again.

Hi @gblackma 

That number is the phone id

It will identify the last piece of equipment that the previous service was used with.

You are under no obligation to use the same phone with the new service do it should not impact the new service beyond the port procedure. Once the sim is inserted that phone's imei number gets exchanged with the provider

@gblackmaValid question.

It does not matter. PM will know your IMEI once you turn on your phone and connect to their network.

Thanks. Didn't know that.  Would the wrong imea number have an impact on service once the port is complete?

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

What about the wrong imea number? Could they help with that too?

@LovesToPM wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@kselmak  The porting department cannot help in this situation because account access is needed  thru public mobile.

I believe Telus porting centre can definitely help here.

OP can let them know the old provider account number and they should be able to complete the port request while on the phone.

Usually they only require one of these info (account number, IMEI, account PIN) to complete the port request (depending on who the old provider is).

@gblackma wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@kselmak  The porting department cannot help in this situation because account access is needed  thru public mobile.

OP can let them know the old provider account number and they should be able to complete the port request while on the phone.

Usually they only require one of these info (account number, IMEI, account PIN) to complete the port request (depending on who the old provider is).

@LovesToPM wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

It's not an account issue at all, it's a port issue wrong information provided during the port initiation and the provider is still holding on to the number. 

Nothing wrong with the account, it's as usual during the port, as it should be.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Snow1man  Do not cancel either account. Just sit tight while you wait for a moderator to respond to your service request. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. only a moderator can help in this situation.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator and explain your problem. Click on the green questionmar in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This takes you to Simon the autobot. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.

@Snow1man wrote:

I entered the wrong IMEI number when activating my wifes sim card. It shows her number on the account but cant recieve calls or texts. If i cancel my other account now will this number be released from them and work with PM? On there end it says there is a porting request in progress but has issues. I guess thats the wrong number i put in.

Need Help? Let's chat.