cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number lost in unique way and would love to have it back!

davewill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My co-worker just logged into my account on a work computer (Yes, I must have clicked "save password" on chrome by mistake) and has mistakenly ported my phone number to one he wanted.  

I've had that phone number for years (originally from Telus) and now have no idea how to get it back and can't figure out how from the forums.  

Can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance,

D

4 REPLIES 4

@davewill 

While this is a perfect example of a personal security lapse as we already know your name, that you are a pm customer and your community account profile name. Your co-worker probably knows your phone number maybe even your address and your date of birth. Its your work so your email is well known. The only thing a fraudster would need at this point to either change your sim card or port your number fraudulently is your password or your account number.

Heres my question. How does a co worker on a sunday accidently port out your number? When they were getting a new mobile provider they didnt notice they were using your name, your phone number and going into your public mobile account using your email address on your computer at work...,on sunday??!! The one day the banks arent open? Did your co worker call you to say oops? This doesnt sound like an accident it sounds FRAUDULENT. I suggest you phone your bank/ financial institution  IMMEADIATELY!!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@davewill so basically your co-worker stole your phone number. Get the required information from them and port your number back. Ask them to contact their providers explain what happened and to release the number back. And you do as @gpixel  and contact the PM moderators here. Stay safe. 

davewill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@davewill contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.