cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number is in trouble .

Wei0626
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my phone number doesn’t work except emergency.What should I do?Give me a help please.

7 REPLIES 7

@gblackma wrote:

@Wei0626   tried to post here but my post keeps disappearing. Check this link to see if this is helps you. Stay safe. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/this-morning-No-service-on-my-simcard...

@gblackma - I did notice that! Your post was there one second, then gone the next  - weird!

~Twilight zonish~

@Wei0626   tried to post here but my post keeps disappearing. Check this link to see if this is helps you. Stay safe. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/this-morning-No-service-on-my-simcard...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Wei0626 wrote:

Hello, my phone number doesn’t work except emergency.What should I do?Give me a help please.

Look at top of this page Get Started..scroll down to phone compatible checker and you'll see a section to add an IMEI number to see if the phone was reported stolen.

If you recently bought the phone privately... is could be a stolen devise.

Check it out..good luck.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you test it on different phone that works on telus network?

Could the phone be locked?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Wei0626 please log into your self sevice account and choose the change sim option and compare the last 4 digits to the sim card in your phone. The Sims should match.

20200723_093448.jpg

If  they don't, then you may have been sim jacked. Change your password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

If they do match. Then try these  tricks to reset your service. You could try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

In both cases, contact the moderators. In the former contact them and ask them to switch your service back to the original SIM card. In the latter, contact them and ask them to reset your service.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Wei0626 ,

Did you just activate with Public Mobile?

If so, if you ported a cell number it could take a few hours to complete. 

If you ported a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Or if you have already been a active Public Mobile customer and things just got disconnected, try these things:

*remove SIM, re-insert, reboot.

*go into airplane mode for 5 minutes, turn airplane mode off, reboot.

Is your account still ACTIVE on your SELF SERVE My Account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wei0626  - First off, is there a notice on your phone about a network or SIM problem?  Next, are you sure your account is still active? - Log into self serve to see if status is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.